Author Topic: What'ya got 2014?  (Read 62116 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: What'ya got 2014?
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2014, 09:53:03 PM »

May 22nd - €8.97 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1120

Blade Runner (1982)

May 22nd - €7.97 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1121

Jurassic Park 1 - 3 (1993 - 2001)

May 22nd - €19.99 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1122 - 1124

Alien 1 - 4 (1979 - 1997)

May 23rd - €14.58 (£9.91) @ Amazon.co.uk

Collection no. 1125 - 1128

Predator 1 - 3 (1987 - 2010)

May 23rd - €16.16 (£11.16) @ Amazon.co.uk

Collection no. 1129 - 1131
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2014, 03:54:02 PM »

Evidence (Blu-Ray) 2013
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »
A friend gave me an amazon gift card for an early B'day present. Here is what I ordered with it...

Son of Batman
| Year: 2014 | 72 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Hidden atop a secret mountain stronghold lies the League of Shadows and its fearless leader, Ra's al Ghul. Together with his equally dangerous daughter, Talia, he oversees a trained army of assassin with plans for global domination. But an uprising from within the League now threatens to shift the balance of power and sends Talia and her young son, Damian, fleeing to Gotham City. With assassins on their trail, Talia seeks the protection of Batman, who, unbenownst to him, is the boy's father. With his son in tow, Batman wages war against the villain Deathstroke and the League of Shadows, all while teaching his headstrong boy that one can't fight crime by becoming a criminal. With help from Gotham's finest, including Commissioner Gordon and Nightwing, Batman will soon discover that his son and most trusted ally are one and the same!
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2014, 11:22:25 PM »
The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.: The Complete Series (1993 - 1994)

May 27th - €0.00 ($23.99) @ Amazon.com (paid via gift certificate)

Collection no. 12706 - 12712

Supernatural: Season 8 (2012 - 2013)

May 27th - €0.00 ($22.99) @ Amazon.com (paid via gift certificate)

Collection no. 12713 - 12716

World War Z (2013)

May 27th - €8.99 @ Amazon.de

Collection no. 1132
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 28, 2014, 12:57:09 PM »
Last night I got...

Dirty Harry Collection
| Year: 1971 | 530 Min.

DIRTY HARRY Streetwise San Francisco police detective Harry Callahan will nail the serial killer Scorpio...one way or the other...no matter what "the system" prescribes.

MAGNUM FORCE Sharpshooting rookie motorcycle cops have turned vigilante, eliminating crooks the courts can't touch – thereby venturing into Harry's cross-hairs.

THE ENFORCER When terrorists rob an arms warehouse and go on a bloody extortion spree, city leaders seek out Callahan, who's now teamed with a lady partner (Tyne Daly).

SUDDEN IMPACT Harry tracks a traumatized rape victim (Sondra Locke) coldly gunning down her bygone attackers.  "Go ahead.  Make my day."

THE DEAD POOL Callahan would rather not be lumped in with a rocker, a film critic and a talk-show host.  They're slain celebrities named in a mysterious betting pool.  And Harry just joined the list.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2014, 07:03:29 PM »
While out running errands today I picked up...

Hit & Run
| Year: 2012 | 100 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell star in this hilarious, non-stop action-packed comedy costarring Bradley Cooper, Kristin Chenoweth and Tom Arnold. A nice guy with a questionable past, Charlie Bronson (Shepard), risks everything when he busts out of a witness protection program to drive his girlfriend (Bell) to Los Angeles for the job opportunity of a lifetime. Their road trip grows awkwardly complicated, however, when they're chased by an inept fed (Arnold) and Charlie's ex-pal (Cooper), a vengeance-crazed criminal he helped put behind bars. Hit & Run is a high-speed race to the finish where the brakes are off and the chase is on.

Hancock
| Year: 2008 | 102 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Academy Award® nominee Will Smith (Best Actor, The Pursuit of Happyness, 2006) stars in this action-packed comedy as Hancock, a sarcastic, hard-living and misunderstood superhero who has fallen out of favor with the public.

When Hancock grudgingly agrees to an extreme makeover from idealistic publicist Ray Embrey (Jason Bateman, Juno), his life and reputation rise from the ashes and all seems right again – until he meets a woman (2003 Academy Award® winner Charlize Theron, Best Actress, Monster) with similar powers to his and the key to his secret past.

I Am Legend
| Year: 2007 | 104 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The last man on earth is not alone. Will Smith plays that lone survivor in I Am Legend, the action epic fusing heart-pounding excitement with a mind-blowing vision of a desolated Manhattan. Somehow immune to an unstoppable, incurable virus, military virologist Robert Neville (Smith) is now the last human survivor in New York City and maybe the world. Mutant plague victims lurk in the shadows...watching Neville's every move...waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find an antidote using his own immune blood. But he knows he is outnumbered...and quickly running out of time.

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles
| Year: 1994 | 123 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The undead are among us and livelier than ever when Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and a talented group of youngbloods star in this spellbinding screen adaptation of Anne Rice's bestseller.

Cruise stylishly plays the supremely evil and charismatic vampire Lestat. Pitt is Louis, lured by Lestat into the immortality of the damned. Stephen Rea, Antonio Banderas, Christian Slater and Kirsten Dunst co-star. Hypnotically directed by Neil Jordan from a screenplay by Rice, Interview with the Vampire offers enough thrills, shocks and fiendish fun to last a lifetime - and beyond.

And when I got home... checked the mail and my copy of Son of Batman was waiting for me as well!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2014, 12:59:51 PM »
Yesterday I got...

Near Dark
| Year: 1987 | 94 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Country boy Caleb Colton (Adrian Pasdar) whittles away the quiet rural nights hunting local girls – but when he falls prey to the mysterious and beautiful Mae (Jenny Wright), Caleb unknowingly becomes the hunted. Mae is no ordinary girl, Caleb soon learns: she is part of an outlaw band of vampires, and their love is about to lure him into a terrifying world of bloodlust, mayhem and absolute horror. Will Caleb pay the ultimate price for love and eternal life – or will he find a way to defeat the evil growing inside him each night NEAR DARK?
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2014, 02:47:41 PM »

The Punisher (Blu-Ray) 1989

The Bling Ring (Blu-Ray) 2013

Ring of Fire: Doomsday Series (Blu-Ray) 2012

The Company You Keep (Blu-Ray) 2012
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »
Went for a walk this morning... found myself at Big Lots... ended up coming home with this for only $8.00!

Fringe: The Complete First Season
| Year: 2008 | 1028 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Teleportation.  Mind control.  Invisibility.  Astral Projection.  Mutation.  Reanimation.  Phenomena that exist on the Fringe of science unleash their strange powers in this thrilling series, created by J.J. Abrams (Star Trek, Lost, Alias), Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (Star Trek, Transformers), combining the grit of the police procedural with the excitement of the Unknown.  The story revolves around three unlikely allies - a young, beautiful and determined FBI agent, a brilliant scientist who’s spent the last 17 years in a mental institution and the scientist’s sardonic and roguish son - who investigate a series of bizarre deaths and disasters known as “the Pattern.”  The three suspect that someone is using the world as a laboratory.  And many of the clues lead them to Massive Dynamic, a shadowy global corporation that may be more powerful than any nation.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Same Old Story
3. The Ghost Network
4. The Arrival
5. Power Hungry
6. The Cure
7. In Which We Meet Mr. Jones
8. The Equation
9. The Dreamscape
10. Safe
11. Bound
12. The No-Brainer
13. The Transformation
14. Ability
15. Inner Child
16. Unleashed
17. Bad Dreams
18. Midnight
19. The Road Not Taken
20. There's More Than One of Everything

Never had the chance to see the show before... but always wanted to. Hopefully I will like it.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #189 on: June 07, 2014, 03:20:42 AM »
Supernatural: Season 7 (2011 - 2012)

Jun 6th - €0.00 ($22.99) @ Amazon.com (paid via gift certificate)

Collection no. 12717 - 12720
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2014, 04:06:08 PM »
The Hangover Part II (2011)

Jun 7th - €7.50 @ Media Markt

Collection no. 1133

The Hangover Part III (2013)

Jun 7th - €7.49 @ Media Markt

Collection no. 1134

Jack Reacher (2012)

Collection no. 1135

Looper (2012)

Collection no. 1136

Sherlock: Season 3 (2014)

Jun 7th - €19.99 @ Media Markt

Collection no. 12721 - 12722
Karsten

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2014, 05:26:01 PM »
Arrivals of the week:

Quartet

The Butler

Don Jon

The Big Red One (containing the original cut, but sadly only in SD)

Blazing Saddles

Absolute Giganten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2014, 05:38:09 PM »
The truly sad part of my recent purchase is that I accidentally double-dipped on not one, but two movies!

I even had my phone with me and my DVDP for Android and I even made sure I didn't already have Sherlock's third season! But did I check the movies? No I did not...  :bag:
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2014, 01:10:27 PM »
The last couple I got...

Thor
| Year: 2011 | 115 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

The world has many heroes...but only one is a god. When the arrogant warrior Thor (Chris Hemsworth, Star Trek) is banished to Earth from his homeworld of Asgard, He must fight to reclaim his lost powers. Pursued by an invasion force sent to destroy him the fallen God of Thunder must rise to the battle and learn what it takes to become a true hero. Natalie Portman (Black Swan) and Anthony Hopkins (Beowulf ) also star in the blockbuster adventure critics are calling "thrilling, entertaining and cool" (Harry Knowles, Ain't It Cool News).

The Rocketeer
| Year: 1991 | 109 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Celebrate The 20th Anniversary of director Joe Johnston's (Captain America: The First Avenger) action-filled, witty The Rocketeer. And now with state-of-the-art digital restoration and enhanced high definition sound, experience it as it jets off for the first time on Disney Blu-ray.

The discovery of a top-secret jetpack hurls test pilot Cliff Secord into a daring adventure of mystery, suspense and intrigue. Cliff encounters an assortment of ruthless villains, led by a Hollywood screen star who's a secret spy (Timothy Dalton). With the help of his actress girlfriend (Jennifer Connelly), the young pilot battles enormous odds to defeat his foes, who are anxious to use the device in an evil plan to rule the world. The dangerous mission transforms the ordinary young man into an extraordinary hero.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2014, 05:05:38 AM »
Tonight I got...

After.Life
| Year: 2009 | 103 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

After a horrific car accident, Anna (Christina Ricci) wakes up to find the local funeral director Eliot Deacon (Liam Neeson) preparing her body for her funeral. Confused, terrified and feeling still very much alive, Anna doesn't believe she's dead, despite the funeral director's reassurances that she is merely in transition to the afterlife. Eliot convinces her he has the ability to communicate with the dead and is the only one who can help her. Trapped inside the funeral home, with nobody to turn to except Eliot, Anna is forced to face her deepest fears and accept her own death. But Anna's grief-stricken boyfriend Paul (Justin Long) still can't shake the nagging suspicion that Eliot isn't what he appears to be. As the funeral nears, Paul gets closer to unlocking the disturbing truth, but it could be too late; Anna may have already begun to cross over to the other side.

30 Days of Night
| Year: 2007 | 113 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

Josh Harnett crosses over to the dark side in this bone-chilling adaptation of the cult-hit graphic novel, brought to the screen in all its demonic glory.

In a small Alaskan town, thirty days of night is a natural phenomenon. Very few outsiders visit, until a band of bloodthirsty, deathly pale vampires mark their arrival by savagely attacking sled dogs. But soon they find there are much more satisfying thirst-quenchers about – human beings. One by one, the townspeople succumb to a living nightmare, but a small group survives – at least for now. The vampires use the dark to their advantage, and surviving this cold hell is a game of cat and mouse... and screams.
Pete