Author Topic: CinemaClock <3 Amazon  (Read 945 times)

RossRoy

CinemaClock <3 Amazon
« on: June 20, 2008, 03:51:24 AM »
I just received this from Jason at CinemaClock:

Hello,

CinemaClock.com has teamed up with Amazon.ca to sell DVDs and Blu-ray.

As a result, we can now offer more DVDs available in stock, the delivery time will be quicker, and the prices will be even more competitive.

You may place your orders directly from our web site, and billing and shipping will be handled entirely by Amazon. The shopping cart has become simpler too. When you add your first DVD to the shopping cart, Your Shopping Cart will follow you everywhere in our DVD section. The shopping cart is managed directly by Amazon, and in the near future, our integration with Amazon will be even more advanced, and we will be able to offer a wish list for your favorite DVDs.

For our existing clients: unfortunately, after this change, all unshipped DVD orders have been automatically cancelled. Naturally, there will be no credit card charge for unshipped orders. However, we invite our clients to place orders again. With Amazon chances are that back-ordered DVDs are available in stock, and they can be shipped immediately.

We invite you to visit our DVD and Blu-ray store today!

Sincerely,

Jason Horberg
DVDs and Blu-ray
www.CinemaClock.com

I honestly don't know what to make of it.

Touti

Re: CinemaClock <3 Amazon
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 05:06:34 AM »
 :headscratch:  I'm not sure what to think either.  One thing I'm not impressed with is the fact that they canceled unshipped orders, I find that to be unprofessional and against the basic principles of good customer relations.

As for the announcement itself, my guess is that they became a "Join Associate" of Amazon and they're only getting commissions on the Amazon stuff they sell on their web site.

http://associates.amazon.ca/gp/associates/join/ref=sv_gw_3