Author Topic: ...And the Torture Begins Early this Year  (Read 15717 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: ...And the Torture Begins Early this Year
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2008, 02:09:24 AM »
LOL... yup... all the ones from my family. They are not usually only DVDs... but I usually will get at least a couple DVDs mixed in there. We will see if I get many this year from them or not. :p
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2008, 01:27:13 AM »
Cool.... A friend of mine on another forum just posted this...

As I recall, Pete's birthday is this Saturday and I have put together a package of DVDs to Pete that I will be sending out on Tuesday (as tomorrow is Memorial Day here in the U.S.). Among the items I'll be sending Pete (without getting too detailed)...

A pair of movie serials. One is an extra copy I got as a complimentary gift and the other is one I could never get into.
A John Wayne In Uniform movie I am sending for his mom who enjoys those kinds of movies.
A 3-disc set of Three Stooges shorts (Pete already knew about this)
A full season of a TV series of another series I never got around to watching. I was actually going to send both seasons I have of this series but looked at Pete's list of what he has and he already had one of the two seasons I have so I'm keeping one and sending the other.

At any rate, Pete, I hope you enjoy this stuff...if this package arrives a day or two before your birthday, feel free to open it up as soon as it arrives.  :thumbup: And I hope you have a happy birthday. If you already have anything I'm sending, feel free to pass it along to another lucky DVD collector...  ;D

I like this guy... not only does he remember my birthday (hard not to with all I get through-out the month!)... but he gives really good hints too!  ;D

These are from his private collection... so yes they are used... but I have no problem with that what so ever!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2008, 12:11:02 PM »
I'm so jealous...I bought the individual sets but didn't the wonderful busts. :weep:

Hey Kathy...
I had a couple online friends ask me about pictures of the busts in that set... they wanted to get a good look at them. So I took some pics... and thought I would post them here for you to see... as well as any others that didn't get this set that may be intesrested/curios. I left these a little bigger then I normally do to help show the detail. Here we have (as if no one knew)...

Dracula

The Wolf Man

Frankenstein
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2008, 03:56:57 PM »
Here's how I have mine displayed:

sorry for the dust

Touti

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2008, 03:59:05 PM »
sorry for the dust

You should have kept quiet, nobody would have know, it doesn't show on the picture  ;D

RossRoy

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2008, 04:02:53 PM »
You should have kept quiet, nobody would have know, it doesn't show on the picture  ;D

Well, to me, it kinda jumps right out the picture!  :-\

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2008, 04:03:13 PM »
Nope... I didn't notice any dust... that is for sure.

I am still undecided how I will actually display them. At this point they are back in the box. This makes it easier when someone comes over wanting to know what I got for my B'day so far.  :P But I do plan on putting them out at some point after my birthday.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2008, 04:04:32 PM »
It's just a shame they didn't do busts for Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Invisible Man & The Mummy... to complete the set... would have been cool to have them all.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »
It's just a shame they didn't do busts for [...] The Invisible Man [...] to complete the set... would have been cool to have them all.

Well, seeing the conceptual art for it, I think I know why they didn't go forward with it

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2008, 05:38:02 PM »
LOL.... well they could have done something on this order...

or maybe...

of course going only with the bust to match the others... but you get the idea.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2008, 05:42:52 PM »
of course going only with the bust to match the others... but you get the idea.

Of course I do. I was making a joke  :laugh:

I thought the bad photoshop job would give it away  ;)

:tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2008, 06:10:27 PM »
I did realize... actually gave me a chuckle... but I also wanted to show that it could have been done is all.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
I did realize... actually gave me a chuckle... but I also wanted to show that it could have been done is all.

Well usually, the Invisible Man is represented with the bandage half off, so. I'll shut up now, before I dig myself further down  :whistle:

;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2008, 06:25:22 PM »
  :laugh: Alls cool

Basically I wouldn't care how they did them if they would just release them... would even like it the way you showed it!  :P
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2008, 06:45:04 PM »
It's just a shame they didn't do busts for [...] The Invisible Man [...] to complete the set... would have been cool to have them all.

Well, seeing the conceptual art for it, I think I know why they didn't go forward with it

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: