Author Topic: I deserve a flogging  (Read 11495 times)

lyonsden5

Re: I deserve a flogging
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 03:59:51 AM »
Personally I would humbly try "I rub butt" just to see if it gets any YES vote. :hysterical:

:hysterical:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 06:37:36 AM »
That's the issue. Will new contributors replace dropped out users as contributors? It takes a lot of new users IMO to get a few good contributors.
Well, maybe Ken thinks his db is good enough with just contributors, rather than good contributors. ;)

When someone drops out, it takes a while to fill the void. Skip's tastes are very mainstream and so I have not mourned his withdrawal from contributing.
Skip's dropout is hardly noticable for me. I have loads of stuff to vote on. Besides, I hadn't seen stuff from Skip for a long time prior to him stopping to contribute.

Why is he currently doing this again? I have seen him repeatedly mention that he has stopped but failed to find the thread that seemed to cause it...

m.cellophane

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 08:49:33 AM »
Why is he currently doing this again? I have seen him repeatedly mention that he has stopped but failed to find the thread that seemed to cause it...
Because we are an Ungrateful Community.  :whateva: I think it surfaced here where he felt rules were being changed on a whim and later was mentioned here.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 02:19:11 PM »
Because we are an Ungrateful Community.  :whateva: I think it surfaced here where he felt rules were being changed on a whim and later was mentioned here.
Thanks for looking that up... :bow:

Typical drivel... Wonder how long it will last this time. :hmmmm: it's lasting longer than the recent "I will leave the forums" episode :hysterical:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2008, 02:35:06 PM »
It's unbelievable
Seems I better not only stop posting in the Contribution forum but quit reading it altogether.

If one couldn't see the comical value in this, it'd be sad.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2008, 02:35:29 PM »
It's unbelievable
I was not surprise to see this topic (I, Robot or i, robot or i, Robot or I, ROBOT or i ROBOT) with 2 pages this morning and you know who against everyone.

Just wait untill the end of the day and you'll see another 5 pages ridicule debat  :laugh:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2008, 03:16:20 PM »
Just to be a current, I'm so tempted to start reading the forums over there and just red zing every post I don't agree with.

I find it really hard to believe that it's gotten into the sorry state that it has on the boards.

The sooner someone gets their finger out and produces a high quality competitor, the better.
At least looking at Invelos will give a huge idea of how NOT to devise contribution rules.

richierich

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2008, 03:20:09 PM »
Personally I would humbly try "I rub butt" just to see if it gets any YES vote. :hysterical:

Thats a classic  :hysterical:
I only wish someone would change a title to this only to witness the outburst

richierich

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »
I don't mean to be rude with anyone here but to be honest I don't understand why some of you still care so much when the owner of the company clearly doesn't.

For years now new contributors have been bullied by a handful of IWNL's (Idiots With No Life), the owner never did anything about it.  The IWNL's have threatened people, harassed them, blasted them constantly with no reactions whatsoever from the owner.  The IWNL's have pushed good contributors away either with their behavior or with coming up with unrealistic rules that make it so complicated to contribute that many people have decided to stop.

I was a good contributor once, I think I was a good asset for this database because I never botched my contributions, always double checked everything I added or changed before contributing it and I was contributing many new profiles in the Canada and Canada (Quebec) locality.  I also corrected many that had bad data.  When the new rules came out I decided to stop contributing because it just got too complicated, why would I make my life complicated to contribute to the database when I am a paying customer.
:thumbup: :goodpost:

You should post that on Invelos. You'll get so many red (and probably green) zingers you'll think it's 5th November!
The IWNL's pushed me and many other away and the owner of the company clearly doesn't care........why should we ?

I agree Jon, it is about time these truths were voiced on Invelos

Touti

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 03:36:10 PM »
I don't mean to be rude with anyone here but to be honest I don't understand why some of you still care so much when the owner of the company clearly doesn't.

For years now new contributors have been bullied by a handful of IWNL's (Idiots With No Life), the owner never did anything about it.  The IWNL's have threatened people, harassed them, blasted them constantly with no reactions whatsoever from the owner.  The IWNL's have pushed good contributors away either with their behavior or with coming up with unrealistic rules that make it so complicated to contribute that many people have decided to stop.

I was a good contributor once, I think I was a good asset for this database because I never botched my contributions, always double checked everything I added or changed before contributing it and I was contributing many new profiles in the Canada and Canada (Quebec) locality.  I also corrected many that had bad data.  When the new rules came out I decided to stop contributing because it just got too complicated, why would I make my life complicated to contribute to the database when I am a paying customer.
:thumbup: :goodpost:

You should post that on Invelos. You'll get so many red (and probably green) zingers you'll think it's 5th November!
The IWNL's pushed me and many other away and the owner of the company clearly doesn't care........why should we ?

I agree Jon, it is about time these truths were voiced on Invelos

I don't post there anymore but feel free to quote me if you wish.

RossRoy

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »
At least looking at Invelos will give a huge idea of how NOT to devise contribution rules.

Thing is they're so close to having it right. With the voting system that's in place and the fact anybody can cast a vote and comment on a contribution, if there wasn't any zealots applying the rules to the letter, even though the data to be entered would be unusable if according to the rules, and these same zealots would just let the voting system do its job, I think there would be a lot less problems.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2008, 09:53:56 PM »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2008, 05:34:04 PM »
I give up.
My #1 rule on the DVDP forum : If a topic have more than 1 page don't watch don't talk  :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2008, 11:49:31 PM »
Karsten what have you done?

Sharon Valerii

:laugh: Some people overeact, when I don't want to read something I don't read it. Look easy to me