Author Topic: Charlton Heston has died  (Read 1878 times)

Najemikon

Charlton Heston has died
« on: April 06, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »
Charlton Heston has died, aged 84. Not many Hollywood legends left now.

BBC

lovemunkey187

Re: Charlton Heston has died
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »
Bugger  :o

lyonsden5

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 01:48:13 PM »
 :rip:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »
Slight correction: according to IMDb and Wikipedia (no Skip around here!) he was born October, 4th, 1924 - meaning he was "only" 83.

But still RIP.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 07:25:16 PM »
Slight correction: according to IMDb and Wikipedia (no Skip around here!) he was born October, 4th, 1924 - meaning he was "only" 83.

But still RIP.

Correction to your correction  :P.

According to IMDB and the wikipedia you checked he was born in 1924 but according to fr.wikipedia.org and en.wikipedia.org he was born in 1923.  The encyclopedia britanica online has him on 1924 also,

I would also like to point out that IMDB has him born in Oct. 1924 but still puts a news on their front page saying that he died at age 84 which gives Skip a 0.0001% increase in credibility.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »

But still RIP.

Correction to your correction  :P.

According to IMDB and the wikipedia you checked he was born in 1924 but according to fr.wikipedia.org and en.wikipedia.org he was born in 1923.  The encyclopedia britanica online has him on 1924 also,

I would also like to point out that IMDB has him born in Oct. 1924 but still puts a news on their front page saying that he died at age 84 which gives Skip a 0.0001% increase in credibility.
I actually looked at the en.wiki. The birthdate was changed today at 15:52 (don't know which timezone they are referring to)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Charlton_Heston&diff=203769788&oldid=203765802
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 08:13:27 PM »
Well, Halliwell's Who's Who lists:

Heston, Charlton (1924- ) (John Charlton Carter)

I'm still old fashioned. I tend to give more credit to smelly old books, so I'm willing to side with the 83 crowd until further evidence is presented.  ;)

Touti

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 09:04:27 PM »
Since IMDB and Wikipedia are both based on user contribution and there's a good chance that they're just getting mutually copied, I would also tend to believe more "serious" sources of information.

Having to choose, I'll go with Britannica Online over IMDB and Wikipedia any time.  I therefore officially decreet that on this web site Charlton Heston was born on October 4, 1924.

May he rest in peace.
May the NRA die with him and rest in pieces.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:16:01 PM »
He stated in his own autobiography that he turned 35 during the making of Ben Hur in 1958.
Karsten