Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (2014)  (Read 1487 times)

samuelrichardscott

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (2014)
« on: January 12, 2013, 11:40:20 PM »
Not a series I've particularly enjoyed but they've finally got a writer in Jeff Nathanson (Catch Me if You Can). Johnny Depp has already been signed for this for an age.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (2014)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 11:45:43 PM »
I haven't seen of these since the first one.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:04:30 AM »
I've seen the first three and don't think you're missing much. They are okay but not worthy of the praise they get IMO. I do seem to be in the minority on that though. :-\

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 12:29:21 AM »
Ugh, i've seen all four Caribbean movies.. And i have to say that i really enjoyed the first 3.
And the 4th movie was just 'bob bob' didnt have much with the other 3 movies to do with IMO.
And i really love Depp as Mr.Sparrow, BUT (even tho how much money they make on the movies)
and how good Mr.Depp is.. I think its time to say 'enough is enough' soon. After seeing the 4th
i dont know what they will do to make it better than the 4 first movies. Something i dont think they will be able to do.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 05:38:54 AM »
I like the first one a lot. I also enjoyed the second one, possibly more than I should have :laugh: The third is a mess which is why I never bothered with part 4. I surely will give this one a pass as well.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 01:49:26 AM »
I've seen them and enjoyed them.  I think they are fun, entertaining movies.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 02:11:05 AM »
I really loved the first three movies. (Depp is a genious in them IMO)
The 4th was ok. But didnt really liked where the story was going.
And if there are going to be 2 more movies, i am just afraid they will
mess up a real good franchise, and overdo it all.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 02:19:07 AM »
I've seen them and enjoyed them.  I think they are fun, entertaining movies.
I've the first two here but never watched them, just doesn't look like something I would enjoy. But we never know, Kathy sent me other films that didn't sound like my kind of stuff but turn as enjoyable watch.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 02:24:33 AM »
I enjoyed the 4th one too.  I thought it worked to have them looking for the fountain of youth.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 02:35:05 AM »
I am real skeptical about this 5th movie. IMHO i think the 4th is the worst of them.
And personally, after seeing the last one. I think they have a big job ahead, to make
the 5 a real good one. (i guess i will have to watch it anyways) but i dont think the
5th or 6th movie will be as good as the first 2. (but thats me tho)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Lord Of The Sith

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 11:00:40 PM »
I think Pirates was a great series.  But I think it should be a TV series it is the same story every week.  Jack gets in trouble.  Jack screws someone to get out of trouble.  Jack has a change of heart and becomes the good guy again.  Next week on Jack's Big Adventure, Jack is in trouble but this time with Mermaids, Ariel will costar.  The first movie was one of the most fantastic blow 'em up swashbuckling movies I have ever seen.   I loved it and still do.  The second left me flat.  You could tell from 10 minutes in it was going to be a bridge to the third movie.  The third movie was good it removed all of the extra characters and the ones that refused to sign on for 4.  There was a feeling of finality with the ability to bring back Will and Elizabeth if they were ever willing to reappear.  Even a cameo from Will in 5 would be great as he is now Davy Jones.  4 for me was a lot of fun.  Barbosa was ruthless and cunning again but we get to see his soft side finally when he talks about losing the Pearl.  He speaks about almost as the death of a wife.  I do not have high hopes for 5 but it will find its way into my collection all the same.