Author Topic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer  (Read 18945 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 02:05:37 AM »
Yeah... that is how I always understood it as well. Don't remember the explanation in the series... but it probably was there somewhere. Since I watched Buffy not long ago... I am half tempted to re-watch Angel now.  :-[ :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 02:08:56 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 02:10:23 AM »
yeah... sounds familiar!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 02:13:49 AM »
You're right Marie as I watch that episode and they say it... Guess I forgot about it.

At least my theorie was right, just not original :laugh:

I don't think the last part of my thinking is explain in the future episodes, but that kind of logically make sense because of the first part and the rules.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:16:08 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 02:26:12 AM »
:)

I can't remember if they said anything later...may have been a small reference. 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 02:50:11 AM »
2.10. What's My Line? - Part 2

Buffy joins forces with a mysterious Slayer named Kendra in hopes of saving Angel from Spike and Drusilla and the deadly ritual they have planned.

We start right where we left and the big surprise ending was the precense of a second Slayer. A new Slayer who is way too serious on the job... she had no life except being a slayer. As I tought all the actions was in that part and it doesn't really stop. Drusilla health is back but Spike is critically injured, guess we can win them all. Also a new surprise couple is born. At the end it seems life will continue as it always had since Kendra, the second slayer, return to where she came from.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »
2.11. Ted

When Buffy's mother is romanced by a computer software salesman named Ted, Buffy's uneasy feelings cause her to launch a background investigation.

Even if that episode is kind of silly it deals with a serious subject. This subject being our reaction when someone new enter in our parent life that will take our place. It's something I can relate with as I had lived alone with my father for 2 years after my parents divorce before he got a girlfriend who came live with us. Of course, we had for a while a love-hate relationship too. So it's probably the real life factor, but I like that episode.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2013, 06:57:59 PM »
2.12. Bad Eggs

Willow, Cordelia, Giles and Joyce become drones for an ancient beast after its eggs are mistakenly given out as part of a health class assignment.

Invasion of the Body Snatcher version Buffy. Of course there are differences, but it's basically the same story : an "alien invader" took over the population to use it to "colonize" the "earth". Nothing new but it's a good basic story, so it was a nice 45 minutes with a small vampires subplot.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2013, 08:27:32 PM »
2.13. Surprise

On Buffy's seventeenth birthday, she and Angel must prevent Spike and Drusilla from resurrecting the Judge, a demon who has the power to destroy hummanity.

Spike and Drusilla are back and, as she is in charge, the plans become more and more insane. This one is again a two parters, so that part is used to set the other one. In this episode we learn a big secret about Jenny Calendar. We also find that when things are going well in the Buffy's world (if we consider that a demon who can destroy the world will be freed is going well of course...) you must expect the worst.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:30:06 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2013, 09:45:41 PM »
2.14. Innocence

Buffy must battle not only the Judge but also Angel, who has lost his soul after experiencing a moment of true happiness.

See I told you to expect the worst... not only the gang have to deal with Spike, Drusilla and the Judge but now Angel is with them. At least the halloween prank consequence will help them a little. Starting from there that season become more serious and sad to watch. Not that it is a bad thing at all, it just felt like the serie became more mature from that point.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 12:00:30 AM »
2.15. Phases

Buffy and her friends discover secrets about themselves as they battle werefolf, its hunter and their own emotions.

I have a feeling that it's one of the episode Pete likes a lot. It's an ok episode, but it misses a strong or scary opponent... common the werewolf isn't that scary. But I like it anyway as finally Willow got some love and the "confusing" locker discussion between Xander and Larry (the big tough misogynist jock).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 01:56:50 AM »
2.16. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

When Cordelia breaks up with him on Valentine's Day, Xander has a witch put a love spell on Cordelia so he can in turn break up with her.

Usually magic had bad consequences and it sure had in that case. Not a monster or main story episode, but the best episode of that second season. It's a laugh riot almost from beginning to end.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2013, 04:30:07 AM »
2.17. Passion

Angel steps up his torment of Buffy and her friends even as Jenny Calendar searches for a way to restore his soul.

We are back in the main story and once again this is a dark and sad episodes. Angel in his demon form sure is dangerous, calculator and cruel wich is quite a contrast when we compare it with is almost human one. The use of naration make the episode even more gloomy and nothing really happen to change the mood. It is the first episode where someone really important disapear from the show (the Principal Flutie wasn't that important).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »
2.18. Killed by Death

While hospitalized with a severe case of the flu, Buffy battles a demon that sucks life out of sick children.

An ok episode, but death is a normal part of life not a demon.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »
2.19. I Only Have Eyes for You

Sunnydale High School is haunted by the ghosts of a former student and teacher who reenact their tragic romance through the bodies of the school's current inhabitants.

Doesn't look like it at first but it's an important episode. The main theme is on the necessity of moving on and forgive, that's where the ghosts looping is important. The episode countains again a big surprise in relation to the main story (in fact this is a main story episode even if they doesn't seem connected at first).