Author Topic: Torture. Thy Name be Cold Turkey...  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Torture. Thy Name be Cold Turkey...
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 06:47:02 AM »
Yeah, they still might. They have nothing I want at a fair price that I can't get anywhere else significantly cheaper, and you can't combine vouchers. :( Looks like they might not get used. :suicide:
Wait a minute...

They sent you a total of 11 vouchers and expect you to use them separately? Sneaky Bas%&$#§!.

Najemikon

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 08:54:25 AM »
Yeah, they still might. They have nothing I want at a fair price that I can't get anywhere else significantly cheaper, and you can't combine vouchers. :( Looks like they might not get used. :suicide:
Wait a minute...

They sent you a total of 11 vouchers and expect you to use them separately? Sneaky Bas%&$#§!.

Pretty much what I thought. Plus, I didn't tell you the best bit... they give you 7 days to use them!  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 02:16:59 PM »
Pretty much what I thought. Plus, I didn't tell you the best bit... they give you 7 days to use them!  :laugh:
That's plain silly now. I'd give them a :redcard: and change the supplier...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 02:24:52 PM »
That's plain silly now. I'd give them a :redcard: and change the supplier...

Now you know why it was an April's Fools Quiz :laugh:

What's weird is that CDWOW sent me an email link to a silly April fool quiz. Ten true or false questions based on classic pranks. It was very easy and as a reward they have sent me 10 £1 vouchers and 1 £2 voucher!  :clap:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 03:14:55 PM »
 :laugh: A few years ago their prices were amongst the best, so it would be feasible to use a few vouchers at once like this, but nowadays, not so good. I think they almost went under because of some legality and since getting new managers, they've turned into this sorry shower.

I have used the £2 to get the price down on American Gangster Extended tin case edition. They are currently the best priced on that and Atonement. But the latter is only a single disc bare-bones so will be in the 4.99 bracket everywhere in a couple of months.