Author Topic: Euros 2012  (Read 5603 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Euros 2012
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2012, 12:47:57 AM »
Its weird really, look at them now. (if nothing special happens in the next games.) Holland will be out of it. And the last tournament they played. The came 2nd didnt they? I mean, Holland was great in the days. And they got the potential now and the players to beat them all! But when you can see it so clear, that the players and the coach doesnt like each other. And the coach makes bad decisions etc. Something have to change for the next tournament. Beacuse a team and nation as Holland. Cant be know by this. They are so much greater. The players doesnt even look happy out on the field. Doesnt look like they are enjoying what they are doing. And thats never a good sign in football.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2012, 07:51:46 PM »
I'd like to see Ukraine win this one and then for England to win obviously. We're starting Carroll instead of Chamberlain so should be interesting with him and Welbeck up front.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2012, 11:14:25 PM »
Congrats England!

What a standing. I'm just not sure that this will suffice in the Quarterfinals. But we'll see.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2012, 11:18:08 PM »
wow, what matches we've had so far this euros! And some golas too! Will be interesting to see what happens when the finals starting soon.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2012, 11:02:19 PM »
Germany won its third preliminary game and is therefore group leader.

If you read the (german) commentaries you could think it's some kind of psychological warfare against the other teams. After every single game it reads like "the german team did not play convincingly but luckily they won." It's as if they are sending the message "Hey we're not good, we were just lucky. Trust us we'll have no chance against you!" and when we win again then it "Oops, it wasn't our fault you lost, it was just tough luck on your end...".  :devil:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:08:38 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2012, 11:34:34 PM »
And now its Germany - Greece in the quarter finale isnt it? And Portugal - Czech Republic? If i've calculated corretly. And what about Holland?! 0 POINTS in the group stages! Just wow..
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2012, 12:21:31 AM »
And what about Holland?! 0 POINTS in the group stages! Just wow..
The difference between Holland and teams like Germany, Portugal, Spain and Denmark (just to name a few) is quite simple to spot this year.
While the Netherlands have great players they remain single players that don't play as a team. And while a great player in a team can make the difference, 11 great players that only play for themselves will not get very far.

Where's the good old "All for one and one for all"-mentality when you need it?

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2012, 12:34:12 AM »
Good point! And i know there have been alot of unhappy people in the Holland team this year. A lot of big egos. And i've heard that many of the players doesnt like the coach at all. And he's made a few weird decisions this tournament. Maby the coach have to go now?
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »
England didn't deserve that win and I felt sorry for the Ukraine after England were on the end of a similar decision in the world cup. I consider us (very) lucky but glad we got Italy and not Spain as they haven't been that great either.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2012, 02:35:24 PM »
I consider us (very) lucky but glad we got Italy
The match will be really boring to watch.
Two teams with a defensive line-up. It will probably be decided by penalties after a 0:0 during the regular time.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »
It will probably be decided by penalties after a 0:0 during the regular time.

I should have made a bet on this part.

What a strategy was this supposed to be by the English team?
From minute 60 on it seemed that they wanted to reach the penalty shoot-out ... The Brits ... wanting to go through penalties ...  :hysterical:

Congrats Italy well deserved win.
Luckily for Germany you have two days less to rest and went through 120 minutes.

Sanuye

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »
na na na na na naaaaaaaaaaaaa
no luck tonight for Germany  :tease:

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2012, 10:32:45 AM »
Congrats Italy.

Well deserved win.
Just one favour, please: Beat Spain!

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2012, 12:46:59 PM »
Before the match between Italy - Germany yesterday. I had Spain as a huge favourite to win the Euros. But after seeing Italy yesterday, i dont know anymore. I think it will be alot more open final this year. (thank god! ;) ) But i dont think it will be scored alot of goals tho.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas