Author Topic: Watched banner question  (Read 11702 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Watched banner question
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2010, 08:23:25 AM »
Is it possible that you uploaded some more regular covers and now totally used up all your space? Coz the imagecache directory is empty and even an update doesn't work.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2010, 08:30:05 AM »
I noticed that the graphs in the Watched Statistics don't show up either... Maybe it's jpgraph?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2010, 08:31:27 AM »
I haven't uploaded any more covers since Tuesday.
When it started acting screwy again, I deleted the stuff in the imagecache again since that worked the last time.  I didn't see the one file in there...like happened before.. tiger_lil6.jpg  So I thought I would try deleting the stuff.  Didn't work.  I've uploaded the localconfig file again and nothing.

I haven't done anyting with jpgraph.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 08:54:59 AM »
I seriously think you ran out of space and now the files can't be created because of that.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2010, 08:57:40 AM »
I haven't done anyting with jpgraph.
Sometimes jpgraph can break just by thinking about it :laugh:

The graphs on the Site Statistics look fine, so jpgraph itself seems o.k.

Something is up with the Watched Statistics page though. The cover thumbnails on the top not showing and the pop-up graphs are hit-and-miss for me.

EDIT: Hmmm, they are not hit-and-miss, they just load rather slow. So when I load the page, they don't show, but after a short while they'll eventually pop up.

EDIT2: I did notice that the Images older contains another Images folder with a second almost complete set of cover images. this may somehow be the source of confusion...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2010, 09:22:22 AM »
From the one place, it looks like I still have room left.  4348 MB of free space.

Hmm...not sure how that happened with the images folder.  Should I delete the second one?

Is there supposed to be something in the localconfig that says to create the one file in the imagecache?  And the permission thing that Karsten mentioned once before...I looked and looked, but never saw anything like that in the file. 

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2010, 09:54:15 AM »
You have to set the permission with your FTP program, most likely by right-clicking on the folder. But that seems to be ok, since you already had files in there. But check it anyway...
Karsten

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2010, 10:50:22 AM »
I think the permissions were screwed up a bit..not sure how that happened because I never did that before.  It was on like 751 or something..so I changed that to 777.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2010, 02:06:08 PM »
Sorry, I ran out of ideas. ws.php?action=update doesn't fill any thumbnails into the cache directory.

But you should an can delete that "Images" folder in your "images" folder anyway.
Karsten

EdwinK

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2010, 02:40:26 PM »
Is it possible that your host changed some settings. I know that they did that were I am hosted, so chmod 0777 doesn't work anymore. I need to use 0755 instead. Something to do with how php scripts are called.

Offline FredLooks

• phpDVDProfiler Moderator
  • Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Home Site
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2010, 05:55:10 PM »
I think that it is a permissions problem. For the watched banner to work properly, the imagecache directory needs to be writable by the webserver, which is generally running as an unprivileged user who is not you and is not in any of your groups. The upshot of this is that the directory needs to have world (aka other) write. In Unix-speak, that means that the last digit of the chmod permission must be 6 or 7.

After you make such a change, you should run an update to get the static images (this part of update runs even if there are no changes in the xml file).

You also need to check that the permission change "took" - I see that you changed it earlier, but the code is still not putting anything into that directory.

If the permissions are correct, I can give you a debug version of ws.php to figure out why the thumbs aren't getting written to disk ...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2010, 09:16:24 PM »
Sorry, I ran out of ideas. ws.php?action=update doesn't fill any thumbnails into the cache directory.

But you should an can delete that "Images" folder in your "images" folder anyway.

I've looked and I can't see the images folder in the main images folder.  I was thinking about trying to delete the images and then upload them again.  Though I have no idea if that would work.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:19:12 PM by Dragonfire »

Offline FredLooks

• phpDVDProfiler Moderator
  • Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Home Site
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2010, 11:02:48 PM »
Actually, you have an Images sub-folder in your images folder (note the capital I), which contains a bunch of image files. It isn't hurting anything, except consuming disk space. Uploading the images again will not help - since you can see the images in the profiles, there is no problem there.

The problem remains that the code which creates thumbnails is not writing anything into the imagecache folder. This is either because of permission problems on the folder, or the code is aborting. If you are satisfied that the permissions on the imagecache folder allow write access, then I would recommend a little debugging.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2010, 11:11:06 PM »
I can't see the Images subfolder when I go look at a list of files in the images directory.

I have no idea how to do the debugging stuff.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2010, 12:27:07 AM »
I did more digging...looks like my image directory was really screwed up...there were like 2 Images subdirectories in there..plus 2 or 3 thumbnail directories.  The only way I could see to fix it was to delete all of it and start over.  The image stuff is uploading again now.  I did look and there are a few files in the imagecache again now.  So that's an improvement anyway.  It will take a few hours at least to get all the image stuff uploaded I think.  Then I'll update again and see what happens.