Author Topic: P90X/Insanity  (Read 1347 times)

ninehours

P90X/Insanity
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:03:49 PM »
Does anyone else do either of these exercises programmes?, i have done P90X and have just started Insanity this week. I have changed because i was unable to do P90X properly because i am having problems with my elbow so was unable to do the pull-ups that i think are essential to the programme plus i was not getting rid of the body fat that i wanted (though i have dropped a waist size down from a tight 36 to a comfortable 34) this is why i changed to Insanity has it is more cardio based (and you don't need any equipment) so hopefully should help burn those calories, it is really tough you sweat buckets and can barley breath by the end  :laugh: but you just have to commit and stick with it  :thumbup:

My Fit Test results for Insanity
Switch Kicks 50  
Power Jacks 44
Power Knees 90
Power Jumps 29
Globe Jumps 9  :-[
Suicide Jumps 6  :-[
Push-up Jacks 20
Low Plank Oblique 48

http://www.beachbody.com/

ninehours

Re: P90X/Insanity
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »
Does anyone else do either of these exercises programmes?

Guess the answer to that is No  :laugh:

so is anyone thinking about getting fit and shedding some pounds or are you one of those people who stays slim whatever you eat (if you are i hate you  :devil:  :tease: )

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:50:13 PM »
I am certainly in need to shed a few kilograms :laugh: But my efforts are more of a regular human's level than something insane. Obviously it's much slower (way more than my partner would like :bag:) but I hope to get there eventually and that the results might prove more permanent.

ninehours

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 03:33:30 AM »
But my efforts are more of a regular human's level than something insane.

The great thing about these workout DVDs is you go at your own pace to start with and you slowly build up to what the people in the DVDs are doing, believe me when i first started i was only doing about half of what they were :surrender: but as the weeks go by you gradually do more and more  :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 03:58:40 AM »
I need to lose weight..I've managed to do it before and I kept some off for a while...think I have gained it back though. :(
I need to start using the exercise bike again.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »
I am certainly in need to shed a few kilograms :laugh: But my efforts are more of a regular human's level than something insane. Obviously it's much slower (way more than my partner would like :bag:) but I hope to get there eventually and that the results might prove more permanent.

Sounds like me.  I've not really been "dieting" really.  That's so formal and you have to weigh and measure and portion and so on.  I've just been more conscious of what I eat and how much I eat.  It's surprising how little it actually takes to fill me up and I just slow down and pay attention.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 07:53:57 PM »
I've just been more conscious of what I eat and how much I eat.  It's surprising how little it actually takes to fill me up and I just slow down and pay attention.
So you mastered the technique already ;) I know I must be conscious and all that, but still lack a little in the self-control department when confronted with delicious food :bag:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 03:14:22 AM »
Sometimes I manage well...then other times I end up eating too much.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »
I've just been more conscious of what I eat and how much I eat.  It's surprising how little it actually takes to fill me up and I just slow down and pay attention.
So you mastered the technique already ;) I know I must be conscious and all that, but still lack a little in the self-control department when confronted with delicious food :bag:

Yeah, I get that.  I do fantastic.  And I'd have met my weight goals months ago except for that part.  It's the people around me.  It's hard to have self control when those around you are snacking. :laugh: