Author Topic: Put your collection online with phpdvdprofiler  (Read 5817 times)

Touti

Re: Put your collection online with phpdvdprofiler
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 09:47:51 PM »
Well having the .ssh folder with permissions of 777 is bad. I think that sshd actually stops you accessing it itself due to the security issues.

I changed that last night after a reading a post on dvdaholics forum about changin permissions on that.  I just them as you described and it didn't change anything.  I've tried everything I can think of here, I don't even know (yet) if it's a problem on the server or on my machine.

ajm

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 09:51:48 PM »
I just got caught by it. I accidentally unzipped some software onto my home directory and that screwed up my rsync.

Check the ownership/permissions of your home directory. Mine was wrong. The owner wasn't me (doh!) and the permissions were really bad.

You can have a look in /var/log/secure if you've got permissions.

Touti

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 10:03:48 PM »
Ah, got it  ;D

sshd[32605]: Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for directory /home/xxxxxxx

Permissions set to 711 on my home directory and it works  ;D

Thanks ajm.

ajm

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 10:33:24 PM »
Hey that's exactly what I had as well  ;D

I changed mine to 700, but as long as its working that's fine.

Btw, over at the phpdvdprofiler forums, I'm just posting something about rsync. Might be of interest to you (and other rsync users).

lovemunkey187

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »
Don't I need to download an add on or something to DVDPro to be able to use the PHPDVDProfiler?[/color]
I'm not Touti but I will answer.

You don't have to add anything to DVDP. PHPDVDProfiler is place on your FTP server. I have had some difficulty for the installation but Eric really help me a lot, since I'm bad as hell with computer.

The only thing that you will have to do is :
Place your image and thumbnail cover on your FTP account
and
uploading your collection database (in the file menu of DVDP, you will create an .xml file that's your database)

Hope I'm clear, if not just ask

Whats an "FTP account"?
and
Whats an "FTP server"?

RossRoy

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 12:59:15 PM »
Whats an "FTP account"?
and
Whats an "FTP server"?

Here's a starting point to what FTP is http://www.ftpplanet.com/ftpresources/basics.htm

There's also Wikipedia's article about it, but it seems to be overly technical in it's description of it.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 01:52:31 PM »
Whats an "FTP account"?
and
Whats an "FTP server"?

A FTP account is the place on a server for your files. You don't create it or anything, if you decide to host your collection on DVD Collectors Online Touti will set it. To access it you need a FTP client (like a web browser but for the FTP), the one I use is FTP Surfer (not too hard to understand and he's free)

Where to get it

The FTP server is DVD Collectors Online hard disc.

In fact FTP or Files Transfer Protocole is just a way to transfer files on a server.

My answer is not technical, but I hope that it's clear.

Touti

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 01:57:24 PM »
Another good ftp client is Filezilla which is also free.  For people who use FTP a lot and don't mind paying for good personal ftp client I recommend WS_FTP from ipswitch

RossRoy

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 02:48:44 PM »
While we're on the FTP client recommendation spree, I personally use SmartFTP, which is free for personal use.

Touti

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 06:14:30 PM »
Btw, over at the phpdvdprofiler forums, I'm just posting something about rsync. Might be of interest to you (and other rsync users).

I looked at that and there's a compatibility issue with it.  My server runs an older version (2.5.xx) and I don't know how to update it, it wasn't a problem with cwrsync 2.6.9 but with 3.0.0 it doesn't work, we get something about --iconv-(whatever) being an invalid parameter.

ajm

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 08:53:02 PM »
Thought I mentioned that in my post. You'll need to add the --no-iconv option to your rsync command then.

Touti

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 11:30:32 PM »
Thought I mentioned that in my post. You'll need to add the --no-iconv option to your rsync command then.

Chances are you did mention it but I just didn't noticed.  I'll try that again later tonight.

mpengle

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 07:43:26 AM »
Touti,

Are you still offering this deal? I would like to be able to create those watched banners thata lot of you have in your signatures. I am a noob at such things and I also have to check with the wife first but I am definitely interested.

Mike

Touti

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 04:03:11 PM »
Just le me know when you're ready Mike and we'll take care of this.

mpengle

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 07:32:32 AM »
Touti,

I still haven't forgotten about this, just haven't had the time to really speak with you about it. Also, would you happen to know if I could use a Yahoo website account as well? I am not that familiar with what reqs I would need for putting my collection online and getting my banner built. Here is the address for the Yahoo stuff:

Yahoo websites

I only ask as my wife might like to build other things on the site too so it might be a better option for her and I together...