Author Topic: Put your collection online with phpdvdprofiler  (Read 5814 times)

Touti

Put your collection online with phpdvdprofiler
« on: March 09, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
I own a small web hosting company that I run off a Linux VPS.  This is where all my sites and my client's are hosted.  After giving it some thought and working on something with aes_pres I decided to make the following offer to all DVD Collectors Online members.

Host your collection online with phpdvdprofiler for 25$/year including domain name.  If you already have a domain you can point your DNS to my server and host your collection for 15$/year. 

This is a full web hosting account with cPanel access and everything that comes with it but since it's a special offer for DVD Collectors Online members I would ask that you only use it to host you phpdvdprofiler collection.

I would be happy to set everything up for you and you would only need to upload your collection.

ajm

Re: Put your collection online with phpdvdprofiler
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:12:44 PM »
Sounds like a good deal.

Just out of interest, do you allow rsync and how much disc space?

Touti

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:18:24 PM »
Sounds like a good deal.

Just out of interest, do you allow rsync and how much disc space?

Yes I will allow rsync (ssh :)), there really wouldn't be much point of offering to host phpdvdprofiler without it.  I'll start the accounts with 250Mg of storage and 1GB of monthly transfer. I can increase the disc space if more is needed but I can't go and give a lot of Gigs in disc space since I don't have unlimited space on the VPS myself.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 12:39:49 PM »
Ok, my first dumbass question of today(I know this because I've been keeping track).

But where do you get PHP from and how does it work?

Touti

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 12:52:59 PM »
If you're talking about PHP, you don't have to get it anywhere because it's on the server already.  If you are talking about PHPDVDProfiler then I will take it of copying it and creating the database, you will only need to start updating.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 01:20:46 PM »
If you're talking about PHP, you don't have to get it anywhere because it's on the server already.  If you are talking about PHPDVDProfiler then I will take it of copying it and creating the database, you will only need to start updating.

Eh?

You've confused me there bod.

Don't I need to download an add on or something to DVDPro to be able to use the PHPDVDProfiler?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 01:37:40 PM »
Don't I need to download an add on or something to DVDPro to be able to use the PHPDVDProfiler?[/color]
I'm not Touti but I will answer.

You don't have to add anything to DVDP. PHPDVDProfiler is place on your FTP server. I have had some difficulty for the installation but Eric really help me a lot, since I'm bad as hell with computer.

The only thing that you will have to do is :
Place your image and thumbnail cover on your FTP account
and
uploading your collection database (in the file menu of DVDP, you will create an .xml file that's your database)

Hope I'm clear, if not just ask

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »
Don't I need to download an add on or something to DVDPro to be able to use the PHPDVDProfiler?[/color]
I'm not Touti but I will answer.

You don't have to add anything to DVDP. PHPDVDProfiler is place on your FTP server. I have had some difficulty for the installation but Eric really help me a lot, since I'm bad as hell with computer.

The only thing that you will have to do is :
Place your image and thumbnail cover on your FTP account
and
uploading your collection database (in the file menu of DVDP, you will create an .xml file that's your database)

Hope I'm clear, if not just ask

That's pretty much it, actually.

And since Touti mentioned that he will support rsync, it might be a little tough to setup at first (you have to install cwrsync on your own windows machine, and adapt a little batch file), but once it's done, you just let it do its magic, and it keeps your phpdvdprofiler updated by transferring only the changes, instead of the whole XML file each time.

Touti

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 02:20:47 PM »
I'm still working on rsync on my own installation, I have a strange problem.  It used to work perfectly and then one day it started asking me for my password everything I tries to connect with SSH.  I don't know if it makes any sense but it seems to have started after I renamed my "Thumbnails" folder to "thumbnails"

RossRoy

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 02:26:47 PM »
I'm still working on rsync on my own installation, I have a strange problem.  It used to work perfectly and then one day it started asking me for my password everything I tries to connect with SSH.  I don't know if it makes any sense but it seems to have started after I renamed my "Thumbnails" folder to "thumbnails"

I had something like that happen once before, but it was right after I had reinstalled Windows, and I realized I didn't have the key file saved. So I had to generate a new key file, and all was fine after that.

I'm no expert, but from what I do understand about the whole rsync/ssh process, I don't think renaming the thumbnails folder messed it up. But then, I've seen my fair share of problems that shouldn't logically happen, that actually did happen.

ajm

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 03:52:12 PM »
renaming the thumbnails folder shouldn't have effected anything. Unless your ssh key was in that directory.

I'd check your rsync batch file for where the KEY is pointing to and then search to see if the file is still there.

If its missing, you'll need to create a new key pair and upload the public key again.

Touti

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »
renaming the thumbnails folder shouldn't have effected anything. Unless your ssh key was in that directory.

I'd check your rsync batch file for where the KEY is pointing to and then search to see if the file is still there.

If its missing, you'll need to create a new key pair and upload the public key again.

I haven't changed anything but just to be on the safe side I created new keys yesterday and it still doesn't work.  I think I'll delete the ssh and .ssh folders tonight, recreate them both with new keys and see if it works.  I added a line at the beginning of the batch file to call DVDP with a command file to execute the export.  It was nice to be able to just start the batch file and not worry about anymore.

ajm

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 05:37:04 PM »
Remember you do have to add the public key to the authorized_keys file on the web server

Touti

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 05:39:41 PM »
I did that and also chmod'ed the .ssh folder to 777, do I need to chmod the key files also ?

ajm

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 07:54:13 PM »
Well having the .ssh folder with permissions of 777 is bad. I think that sshd actually stops you accessing it itself due to the security issues.

On my web server, my .ssh directory has 700 and the authorized_keys file is 600.

Code: [Select]
-bash-3.00$ pwd
/home/dvdaholi/.ssh
-bash-3.00$ ll -a
total 28
drwx------   2 dvdaholi dvdaholi 4096 Sep  4  2007 .
drwxr-xr-x  20 dvdaholi dvdaholi 4096 Jan 10 09:48 ..
-rw-------   1 dvdaholi dvdaholi 4225 Sep  4  2007 authorized_keys
-rw-------   1 dvdaholi dvdaholi 2922 May  8  2007 authorized_keys.orig