Author Topic: James Cameron visiting the Mariana Trench  (Read 1045 times)

samuelrichardscott

James Cameron visiting the Mariana Trench
« on: March 25, 2012, 09:53:41 PM »
He's started the ten hour descent to the Mariana Trench. Nobody has been for 50 years and they kicked up silt so were unable to film:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17503395

It'll be interesting to see any footage from this. Not sure, but I think it may be for the BBC.

samuelrichardscott

Re: James Cameron visiting the Mariana Trench
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 10:20:04 PM »

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »
According to the live feeds he is now at 2760ft. The deepest solo dive in history.

He probably did the right thing if ITV's first episode of Titanic tonight was anything to go by. Utter crap and I won't be watching episode 2. Makes me want to watch his movie again, and IIRC it'll be released in 3D this year as part of the 100 years memorials (*cough* cash-in *cough*).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:29:40 PM by samuelrichardscott »

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »
and IIRC it'll be released in 3D this year as part of the 100 years memorials (*cough* cash-in *cough*).

Sorry for the quadruple post but... I had to do a search. The 3D premiere is on Tuesday in London. Good timing for your expedition Mr. Cameron. :hysterical:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 06:34:04 AM »
I kinda liked Titanic :shrug: Wouldn't mind getting it on Blu-ray, although to be clear, I'd rather have Cameron's True Lies or Abyss first.

Wouldn't dream of seeing it in 3D though :yucky:

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 10:54:07 AM »
According to the live feeds he is now at 2760ft. The deepest solo dive in history.

He probably did the right thing if ITV's first episode of Titanic tonight was anything to go by. Utter crap and I won't be watching episode 2. Makes me want to watch his movie again, and IIRC it'll be released in 3D this year as part of the 100 years memorials (*cough* cash-in *cough*).

I didn't see the tv series, but liked what I heard about the approach of four episodes all ending with the sinking and showing different perspectives. And remember we had the discussion about historical accuracy and the importance of doing it right? Well they've made sure to tell the first officers story properly. Cameron made him a coward who shot people in a panic, for no other reason than he thought he needed a villain. But this was a real person and his family deserve better. Apparently 20th Century Fox sent someone to Scotland to apologise to them.