Author Topic: New forum structure?  (Read 6159 times)

Touti

Re: New forum structure?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 04:25:46 PM »
The reorganization is not finished yet Karsten.  I wanted to do the most obvious right away to give a better look at what we got and then decide together how we want it organized.   I also want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that you can collapse the categories you're not interested in, I'm not suggesting this a solution for a clumpsy forum but just tought it should be reminded that it's an easy way of getting rid of a section once you're done reading new posts in it.

Touti

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »
All topics in "Foreign Recommendations" have been moved to "Movie Reviews" and the "Foreign Recommendations" section is gone.  There was only 3 topics in it.

We now have a single theme for everyone, I'm sorry for those who preferred other colors but it really wasn't practical to maintain 4 themes with all the customizing in the forum. Version 2 of SMF is scheduled to be released later this year and having more than one skin would be a problem for upgrade as well.

As you've probably noticed, I put the links to our MiniCity on a single line to save space at the top.

I'm thinking of getting rid of the banner (Which is not my best work ever anyway  :bag:).  That would make more sections visible when getting to the forum.   Any opinions ?

Touti

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »
I'm thinking of getting rid of the banner (Which is not my best work ever anyway  :bag:).  That would make more sections visible when getting to the forum.   Any opinions ?

My opinion is that I want to do it so that's it.  Banner gone !
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:40:13 PM by Touti »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 03:39:29 PM »
Great work so far Touti! :thumbup:

Although I always took the banner as something important for new visitors, it is certainly unnecessary for the existing crowd.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 03:41:06 PM »

My opinion is that I want to do it so that's it.  Banner gone !
:( I liked that cutie DVD Player banner  :weep:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 03:42:03 PM »
Great work so far Touti! :thumbup:

Although I always took the banner as something important for new visitors, it is certainly unnecessary for the existing crowd.

I wish I could make the banner appear only in the portal and not in the forum but it doesn't seem to be an option so I prefer getting rid of it altogether for now.  Maybe it could be replaced by a randomly picked rss feed or something. I'll think about it after I'm done with the Forum's Spring Clean

Touti

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 04:21:09 AM »
As you've already noticed I've moved the DVD Reviews, DVD Talk and Video categories at the top of the forum.

One step closer to perfection.

Najemikon

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 09:56:16 PM »

Uh-oh. Someone get Jimmy Bond on the blower. We have the makings of a megalomaniac right here!

Do you have a large white cat, Eric?

Touti

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 10:35:11 PM »

Uh-oh. Someone get Jimmy Bond on the blower. We have the makings of a megalomaniac right here!

Do you have a large white cat, Eric?

Not but if I were a woman I'd probably have a perfect butt, huge breasts and a few borg implants.

RossRoy

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 10:46:10 PM »
Not but if I were a woman I'd probably have a perfect butt, huge breasts and a few borg implants.

You mean like this?

;)

Touti

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 11:18:05 PM »
I think I'll stick to this.

or this

or maybe this  :drooling:

I know I should be ashamed and I am..................not  :tease:

Najemikon

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 01:00:00 AM »
 :redcard: Filth!

More please. :drooling:

Touti

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 03:26:57 AM »
:redcard: Filth!

More please. :drooling:

Remember that you asked for this.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 08:45:36 AM »
 :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »
I think I'll stick to this.

Didn't you use to be partial to this?

or this?