Author Topic: I'm flabbergasted  (Read 833 times)

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
I'm flabbergasted
« on: March 06, 2012, 02:49:17 AM »
Americans usually have the reputation of not wanting to watch TV or movies from other countries and/or in other languages.  They usually buy the rights on something and remake it.

Which is why I am flabbergasted to see that tonight on American TV they're playing a dubbed version of "The Rocket", a French Quebec movie about Maurice Richard.  For those who don't know, Richard is one of the best hockey players in history.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: I'm flabbergasted
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 04:08:07 AM »
It's also weird as it doesn't look like something American like. Not that it isn't a good film, but it's about a French Canadian hero and a sport they don't care about (few of them are like our Kathy and love our national sport).

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:44:05 AM »
I don't know about the rest of America but western New York loves their hockey. I think a lot of that has to do with our being able to get CBC and Hockey Night in Canada.

Of course having the Sabres here makes us love our national sport.  :tease:

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:48:20 AM »
Yea, we rednecks down here in the South like anything that involves fighting and possible injury :laugh:

That's why NASCAR is so popular.
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

BigTim

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:17:33 PM »
Blair has it right on the money... Brutal ... Fists Swinging... Fast Paced VIOLENCE!  NUMMY NUMMY!!!!!!  We Rednecks can dig it!  I do so enjoy Hockey...

I'm in Central Florida by the way.  We have an Ice Rink here at our Civic Center.  I'm just no good on Ice Skates... LOL!

Big Tim

:stars: