Author Topic: I don't get it... How stupid is the school system around here!?!  (Read 5721 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: I don't get it... How stupid is the school system around here!?!
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2012, 01:02:43 AM »
Sorry, but I really don't get the problem of this case.
You are serious :stars:

Simply said even if that sound quite evident for me

School isn't a place to show murder video... Would you find it normal if the teacher would have shown Animal Farm (not the Orwell book of course) or Sucking Daddy or Child Love or Pre-Teen Sex because the students would have vote to see those films?

Anyway the guy was fired today, rightly so and his union won't defend him... Good riddance

edit : Just want to add and everybody here know that I'm against the "Won't somebody please think of the children!?!" mentallity. But there a big difference between what they can do in their home and what they can do in a house of education...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:07:22 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2012, 01:51:39 AM »
Michael I would agree with showing that in a school class at :

1. An university psychology class,
2. the police formation institution.

The context do all the difference here. There are absolutly not one single good logical reason to show that to a group of 16 years old in the course of an history class. When I did my education even gruesome war footages was a no-no and it was always the case when my brother was an history teacher at this level. The school job isn't to show that the world is a scary place, it's the parent job (at least it was when I was a kid and it's how my brother and sister educate their children).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:57:00 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2012, 07:10:32 AM »
If the description of the video in the article is correct
Do you mean the one linked in the Guardian article?

(click to show/hide)
Yes, that was the one I meant.

as one of the parents I would sue the teacher!
Won't happen... we aren't a suing happy country here.
What I meant was I would sue in order to get him expelled. Apparently that has happened already... That has nothing to do with being a sue-happy place. I am German, we certainly aren't quite that sue-happy either.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2012, 07:24:36 AM »
I am German, we certainly aren't quite that sue-happy either.
I didn't mean Germany per se. I just tought that maybe you did think that we are like our southern neighbor and wanted to let you know that people rarely sue each other here.

The justice really doesn't like to see its time waste on futile lawsuit and they make sure to award very little money when one is allowed. Of course serious lawsuits are permited but usually our social net take care of those so no real need to congest the judicial system.