Do you want the tag to show the profile in a new window

Yes
6 (50%)
No
2 (16.7%)
Don't care
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: The "What ya' Got" tag.  (Read 27023 times)

Touti

The "What ya' Got" tag.
« on: February 16, 2008, 01:24:13 AM »
The "WhatYaGot" tag.

If you use the great PHPDVDProfiler program to keep your collection online and also like to publish your new titles in the "What Ya Got" thread then I think you're just gonna love this new tag.

The syntax is (without spaces) [ whatyagot=domainname/path]upccode[/whatyagot ].  You can click the "WhatYaGot" button () for the tag to be added to your post.

Replace domainname/path with the domain and path where your collection is hosted and replace upccode with the actual UPC from your collection.

For instance the following code

[ WhatYaGot=touti.net/collection ]024543208129[ /WhatYaGot ]  Will result in

I hope you all enjoy this new tag created specially for DVD Collectors Online (A little bragging now and then never hurts  :hysterical:)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:31:09 AM by Touti »

RossRoy

The "What ya' Got" tag.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:43:13 AM »
The "WhatYaGot" tag.

:bow:

I love getting stuff I like and "need", without even knowing I needed or wanted it it!  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
The "What ya' Got" tag.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 06:54:54 PM »
The "WhatYaGot" tag.

I love getting stuff I like and "need", without even knowing I needed or wanted it it!  :laugh:
I was thinking to link to my phpdvdprofiler thumbnails for this, and thanks to Touti it's so much slicker (or "more slick"...?) now!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

EDIT:

Touti, what am I doing wrong here:
[ whatyagot=ya-shin.com/phpdvdprofiler ]025192315626[ /whatyagot ]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 07:08:25 PM by ya_shin »

Touti

The "What ya' Got" tag.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 09:28:56 PM »
The "WhatYaGot" tag.

I was thinking to link to my phpdvdprofiler thumbnails for this, and thanks to Touti it's so much slicker (or "more slick"...?) now!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

EDIT:

Touti, what am I doing wrong here:
[ whatyagot=ya-shin.com/phpdvdprofiler ]025192315626[ /whatyagot ]

The problem is with the name of the thumbnails folder.  I installed phpdvdprofiler last week and haven't modified it in anyway but for some reason my thumbnail folders is written with a upper T and yours has a lower t.  The images isn't being displayed because the path is wrong.

I'm gonna have to check that and see why different installations have different folder names.

Touti

The "What ya' Got" tag.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 09:41:45 PM »
I renamed my thumbnails folder and changed the tag.  It's gonna work for everyone now and somehow my phpdvdprofiler still works, I guess the guys made it case insensitive somehow.

xyrano

The "What ya' Got" tag.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 11:50:15 PM »
The "WhatYaGot" tag.
:thumbup:

:hysterical:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The "What ya' Got" tag.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 03:04:40 PM »
The problem is with the name of the thumbnails folder.  I installed phpdvdprofiler last week and haven't modified it in anyway but for some reason my thumbnail folders is written with a upper T and yours has a lower t.  The images isn't being displayed because the path is wrong.

I'm gonna have to check that and see why different installations have different folder names.
I guess the reason is because lowercase stuff feels more natural with internet things...; and maybe to avoid problems with the PHP code, as it is case sensitive. Yours was still uppercase because you simply uploaded your local folders.

Thanks for "fixing" it. Of course now my above post looks a little weird :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »
What am I doing wrong? I did it exactly as described here but it doesn't show:

http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,190.msg70822.html#msg70822
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 11:22:09 PM »
What am I doing wrong? I did it exactly as described here but it doesn't show:

http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,190.msg70822.html#msg70822

It seems the redirection from phpdvdprofiler_en to phpdvdprofiler is not happening when linking straight to the image.

[ whatyagot=doena-soft.de/phpdvdprofiler_en]5050582494839.4[/whatyagot ]

vs

[ whatyagot=doena-soft.de/phpdvdprofiler]5050582494839.4[/whatyagot ]

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 12:00:16 AM »
Thanks!

I didn't think of the fact that I've got the images only once on the server, but they are being used by two lists (one with the DVD title as title and one with the original title as title)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 05:29:34 PM »
Do we have plugins developer for "that" dvd profiling software around, who would be interested in taking a crack at creating a "TradingPoster"-style plugin for the WhatYaGot tag?

Yes, I'm a bit lazy. I know I can use the TradingPoster as it is now and just Find and replace bits and pieces to build the whatyagot stuff, but it would be nice to have it all in one shot...

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 11:47:34 PM »
Do we have plugins developer for "that" dvd profiling software around, who would be interested in taking a crack at creating a "TradingPoster"-style plugin for the WhatYaGot tag?

If only a small plugin is required to have one menu entry to generate whatyagot entries for the flagged DVDs, I can probably wip something up in a few minutes. What is all required for user settings? Only the user-specific URL part?

Touti

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 12:10:50 AM »

If only a small plugin is required to have one menu entry to generate whatyagot entries for the flagged DVDs, I can probably wip something up in a few minutes. What is all required for user settings? Only the user-specific URL part?

I have a suggestion if you're gonna do this.  I think it'd be a good idea to have 2 fields in the user settings, "Open Tag" and "Close Tag".  Some here don't use the whatyagot tag but if both fields are there the plugin could be used for any other tag we may add to the forum later.

And fyi in case you haven't noticed, the tag and phpdvdprofiler don't use the "real" upc code, they work with the field that has the upc code followed by a period and the locality number, I don't know what this field is called.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 12:17:49 AM »
And fyi in case you haven't noticed, the tag and phpdvdprofiler don't use the "real" upc code, they work with the field that has the upc code followed by a period and the locality number, I don't know what this field is called.

It is called (Profile)ID

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 12:57:21 AM »
I have a suggestion if you're gonna do this.  I think it'd be a good idea to have 2 fields in the user settings, "Open Tag" and "Close Tag".  Some here don't use the whatyagot tag but if both fields are there the plugin could be used for any other tag we may add to the forum later.
I don't use the tag, but for what I understand "PHPDVDProfiler" is needed to use it and since I don't use it. That's why I have to go to Amazon or another sellers to get the picture for every DVD that I mention in the "What you got" topic. But it would be great to be able to use it, since it certainly less job to do with the tag.