Author Topic: Next Month - Birthday Celebration Marathon  (Read 1917 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Next Month - Birthday Celebration Marathon
« on: April 22, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »
Since my birthday is the last day of May... and I have so many Birthday related TV Shows and movies... I'm thinking of having a month long marathon type thread to celebrate birthdays. Last year I did something like this for only a week... This year I am thinking the whole month. But I don't want birthday stuff be the only thing I watch for the month... so What I was thinking is every single day of the month (since I have so many) I will watch At Least 1 TV that celebrates someone's birthday. And during weekends (Fri-Sun) Watch At Least 1 movie that has something to do with birthdays.

This means I would have to watch At Least 31 Birthday TV Episodes and 12 Birthday movies.

The problem I have is there is somethings I have that I never seen before (or just don't remember) so don't know how well it will fit into this marathon. So titles below... do I keep them in or take them out for such a marathon. The birthday topic really should be a major part of the storyline to keep it in...

- Birth
- Bridget Jones Diary
- Bully
- Cinderella Man
- Gran Torino
- The Hottest State
- I Am Sam
- Marie Antoinette
- Million Dollar Baby
- Mirrors
- Ray
- Scott Pilgram vs. The World
- Slumber Party Massacre II
- Stay
- Zodiac

Searching IMDB's keyword search brought all of the above up when searched Birthday. But I either never seen it or been so long since I seen them I don't remember. I want the Birthday storyline to be at least a decent part of the storyline.

any help is appreciated. :)
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Next Month - Birthday Celebration Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
I have only seen two of these movies. It has been awhile that I saw it, but I don't remember any birthday in "Million Dollar Baby". At least not some big storyline about it. Maybe there was a scene.
Also I recently watched "Scott Pilgram vs. The World" and also here I don't remember any birthday storyline.

Rogmeister

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:27:21 PM »
You may not have it but one movie I might include would be Logan's Run...that's the movie where people aren't allowed to live once they turn 30 so your 30th birthday is definitely a major thing in that movie.  My own birthday is next month so I'm wondering what you'll be watching on that day...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 10:59:40 PM »
Thanks Tom... appreciate it.

Roger... nope I don't have that one. If I remember right. Your birthday is around the 6th or 7th... right? That will fall on a weekend so I should be watching both a movie and a TV episode. We will have to see what comes up. :)
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 11:05:39 PM »
Since my birthday is the last day of May... and I have so many Birthday related TV Shows and movies... I'm thinking of having a month long marathon type thread to celebrate birthdays. Last year I did something like this for only a week... This year I am thinking the whole month. But I don't want birthday stuff be the only thing I watch for the month... so What I was thinking is every single day of the month (since I have so many) I will watch At Least 1 TV that celebrates someone's birthday. And during weekends (Fri-Sun) Watch At Least 1 movie that has something to do with birthdays.

This means I would have to watch At Least 31 Birthday TV Episodes and 12 Birthday movies.

The problem I have is there is somethings I have that I never seen before (or just don't remember) so don't know how well it will fit into this marathon. So titles below... do I keep them in or take them out for such a marathon. The birthday topic really should be a major part of the storyline to keep it in...

- Birth
- Bridget Jones Diary
- Bully
- Cinderella Man
- Gran Torino
- The Hottest State
- I Am Sam
- Marie Antoinette
- Million Dollar Baby
- Mirrors
- Ray
- Scott Pilgram vs. The World
- Slumber Party Massacre II
- Stay
- Zodiac

Searching IMDB's keyword search brought all of the above up when searched Birthday. But I either never seen it or been so long since I seen them I don't remember. I want the Birthday storyline to be at least a decent part of the storyline.

any help is appreciated. :)

Hmm...

I know a birthday comes up in Bridget Jones' Diary, but I can't remember how big of a part it plays in the movie.
In Gran Torino the birthday part is just one or two scenes..it doesn't play a big part in the movie.
I don't remember a birthday in Zodiac.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 11:10:33 PM »
Thanks... that is the one thing I don't like about the keyword search at IMDB.... it gives results for even the slightest mention of what you are searching for.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »
That does make it difficult when you are trying to find something that plays a bigger part in a movie.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 12:40:15 PM »
What've you got pegged so far?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 12:49:42 PM »
So far I think I have these options...

- 13 Going on 30 (Birthday Wish gone wrong)
- Bloody Birthday (Birthday Horror Movie)
- Cheaper by the Dozen (A bit of a stretch... but has a hilarious big birthday party scene)
- Child's Play (Kid gets Chucky for his B'day)
- City Slickers (Trip is B'day Gift)
- Frogs (This one is marked from last year... forget... but think they go to the island for a B'day party)
- Full Frontal (Movie takes place at a Birthday Party)
- The Game (Extravagant B'day Gift)
- Happy Birthday to Me (Another B'day Horror)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Finds out about himself on his birthday)
- House on Haunted Hill (Entire movie is a B'day Party)
- Identity (Birthday links many ppl together)
- Liar Liar (B'day Wish causes problems)
- The Omen (big important B'day scene)
- The Omen [remake] (big important B'day scene)
- Sabrina: The Teenage Witch [Showtime Movie] (she finds out she is a witch on her B'day)
- Tower of Terror (Answer is a spoiler)

Sure some of them are a bit of a stretch... but will have to do for this marathon.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 07:19:11 PM »
I think the second City Slickers also has to do with the birthday of Billy Crystal's character...another trip for his next birthday or something.  Hmm...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 07:25:14 PM »
Been so long since I seen it I don't remember... but I don't have that one anyway. :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 10:25:32 PM »
I think the second City Slickers also has to do with the birthday of Billy Crystal's character...another trip for his next birthday or something.  Hmm...

???

That gave me Deja Vu...

http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,6205.0.html

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 10:45:28 PM »
Thank You Jon! I was searching for that thread to go over... and add to it. But I couldn't find it for the life of me! The search function didn't pick it up for me for some reason.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
It was Marie's message that made me search for "City Slicker birthday".  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 02:18:19 AM »
Glad to help in some way.
 :laugh: