Author Topic: Your perfect meal  (Read 914 times)

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
Your perfect meal
« on: April 16, 2011, 01:30:04 AM »
A question that goes beyond "what are your favorite foods," if you were able to gather all of the foods that you enjoy that you think go together (and assuming you had the stomach size to hold it all) and put them into a single meal, what would that meal be?

Like myself, I can assume that there is one place where you like a certain food more than other places that make the same thing. That's that sot of thing I mean by "being able to gather them."  Obviously if you fixed them all yourself it would be a much easier task.
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Mustrum_Ridcully

Re: Your perfect meal
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:11:55 PM »
Are you asking for something like this??

La Grand Bouffe - Trailer (sadly only in German)

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:09:13 AM »
Yea... you are told "you can have anything that you want" and without holding back to name things for the meal.

(Naturally, you can look these places up online if you'd like, but that's not really the point)

My drink would be a glass of cold, whole white milk.

My appetizer would be a small basket of fried jalapeno peppers from a local place, Fish and Bone along with with chips and dip from a place 200 miles away I used to go to regularly called Cow Pen (so named for formerly being a cattle inspection building), then a spoon of chilled vanilla pudding too cool the flavors down.

The main courses would be about 1/4th of a steak from O'Charley's (they are big and I wouldn't want to eat too much of that alone), home cooked green beans (I wash them more thoroughly then cook and simmer them for much longer than restaurants do), homemade mashed potatoes made with milk and mayo instead of just water (fattening, but I've never tasted better) chives and black pepper, and then a slice of an apple again to soften the flavors a bit. Next, homemade chicken spaghetti with Rotel tomatoes and Tabasco for a little heat, cooling down again with a salad from a place called Lilo's (lettuce, celery, onions, and finely chopped green olives with a "dressing" of lemon juice and oil... it sounds a bit gross but the simultaneous salty and tartness works out nicely), and lastly some steamed baby carrots.

Dessert would be a piece of cheesecake (no topping) from Chili's and a few sections of a Hershey chocolate bar. Finish it all off with the last of the milk which now isn't as shockingly ice cold.

Not healthy, but that's not the point. If it killed me, at least I would die happy :laugh:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »
You sound like you should be a chef Blair - you make things sound delicious. When can I come over for dinner?