Author Topic: The wait would have worth it  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
The wait would have worth it
« on: April 12, 2011, 10:15:32 AM »
I don't know if anybody except me and Pete (I guess he will be too) are excited about this one.

In july the five years of waiting will be finally over and we will get the most anticipated film amongs the Code Red catalogue :yahoo:

First we got Rituals this week followed by Brute Corps, Supervan/Jailbait Babysitter, The Last Chase and The Dirtiest Game among others in may and finally Nightmare, The Witchmaker and God Bloody Acre/Tomcats in july. What an awesome summer :dance:

Add to that a little surprise I can't talk about right now :whistle:   

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The wait would have worth it
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:38:29 AM »
I like the cover art :D If the movies is up my alley, I might order it too.

Trivia on the IMDb page Nightmare:
The film's original UK distributor was sent to prison for releasing an unapproved version.

Apparently one of the video nasties in the UK. I assume this one will finally be uncut? (From what I can tell also in the US this film has only been available in a shortened version.)

Jimmy, what makes this film stand out?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:44:53 AM by Achim »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »
Mostly the fact it's what a slasher movie really is supposed to be : A lot of gore effects and a disturbing. Add to that the fact it had a great visual presentation (it was an italian production) and the famous "Did Tom Savini did or didn't do the special effects"? legend. Also it was never shown uncut, even here and our province is usually very forgiving about this.

The trailer is certainly on Youtube (myself I saw it the first time on another Code Red dvd a while ago) try to watch it. The quality is probably poor, but that will give you a good idea.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
You make it sound quite intriguing... I'll put it on my wish list and possibly picket up.

I also found the trailer on YouTube and thought it was rather intereresting. Knowing what kind of film this is should keep the expectations in check...

I'll the IMDb trivia that it wasn't Tom Savini and that he actually tried to sue them for misusing his name.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 11:05:49 PM »
Thanks Jimmy...
I don't think I know this one. If I have seen it... it has been so long that I don't remember it.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 01:47:32 AM »
This is the Code Red page about this film, not a lot is written except for the synopsis yet. But the extras are already know so here we go

Audio commentary by Baird Stafford, special effect Cleve Hall, moderated by David DeCoteau

Featurette with Baird Stafford, Cleve Hall, and 21st century president Tom Ward

Interview with Romano Scavolini (in Italian)

HiDef telecine from 2 best 35mm prints

This will be a two disc set.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 06:50:22 AM »
The film is now available for pre-order at Amazon, not yet on the canadian one but I guess it will be soon so I will be able to pass my pre-order. BTW the price is higher than what we are used to, but I can tell you this film really worth a price like that.

The Witchmaker also is... This one also is a not to miss release and at a low price like that you have no excuse if you like good horror movies :whistle:

IMDB page
short review