Author Topic: WRUP - What are you playing?  (Read 51663 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: WRUP - What are you playing?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 05:11:12 AM »
I am currently playing some more Fallout New Vegas, going for the remaining trophies. It's a bit of a grind, like Marie with WoW :laugh:, since the stuff missing is several of those "10000 damage with..." and the "10000 healing with..." achievements. It's fun though, so I enjoy doing it.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 06:01:26 AM »
If you're having fun, then that's all that matters...least that's how I look at it. :)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 06:19:08 AM »
If you're having fun, then that's all that matters...least that's how I look at it. :)
The only thing that is not fun about it is, that I need to think about where to find more creatures to murder :laugh: Don't want to eradicate human towns somehow. Tried my luck with "deathclaws" yesterday, but that didn't work well :laugh:

I need to complete "unarmed", "melee" and "explosives". My character is mostly prepared for that, I just need to find sufficient amounts of enemies...

I thought this will be a good filler between completing Dead Space 2 (got the Platinum trophy end of last week) and whatever I will play next (Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3 or both parallel).

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 06:30:02 AM »
I can understand that.

There are achievements in WoW too.  I've been trying to get the ones for doing so many quests in different areas.  I have to go back through just about everywhere to get all of them now since they reset stuff.  Anyway, there have been some times when I've been looking and looking and can't find another quest giver when I just need another few in an area. 

xyrano

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »
When I don't watch something I play Chess Titan on my PC, currently I'm on level 4 and hate any higher level.
I always like to play any of my favorite 360 shooters; Wolfenstein, Singularity, Gears of war & 2, Star Wars Forces Unleached 1 & 2 among others...
Dead Space 1 is a all time favorite and with DP 2 it got even better. Got all achivments on DP2 but 3 (need to play DP2 2 times just to get 2 of them, I think). Here is something I really like regarding achivments and SP gaming. In DP2 there are no MP achivments.

I like to get all the collectables and occationally I delete my profile to start over.

I play Forty Thieves(don't know if the name is correct, but it is a card game) on my HTC Desire Z any chance I get (Subway, boredome...) 950/361 won.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 02:24:15 PM »
Dead Space 1 is a all time favorite and with DP 2 it got even better. Got all achivments on DP2 but 3 (need to play DP2 2 times just to get 2 of them, I think). Here is something I really like regarding achivments and SP gaming. In DP2 there are no MP achivments.
I played DP2 DS2 three times plus the first chapter one additional time to collect all trophies. Some are easy to miss ("The Nanny") or some other cannot be done in one round (the one where you blow the necros out the window). DP DS 1 and 2 are among my favorite games as well.

I hate MP achievements as well. I'm okay of they are super easy, like they were in Uncharted 2; basically they just wanted to nudge you to try out the multi player component of the game. If you didn't like it you could quickly grab the trophies and get out.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:01:38 AM by Achim »

Rogmeister

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 02:29:43 PM »
In about a half-hour, I have to take my car in to have the brakes worked on...well, I had too much money in my bank account anyway!  I'm not sure how long I'll be stuck there so I'll take my Nintendo DSi XL with me and play some You Don't Know Jack while I'm there.  Maybe I'll take another game with me, too...New Super Mario Bros., perhaps? :gamer:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 05:22:55 AM »
I have my "work" cut out if I want to be done by the time I get Dragon Age II  :laugh:
Get going then  :laugh: :training:
Just found this video. Seems if you are tired of levelling, there is a glitch that can help you simply by pushing a button...a lot.

RossRoy

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »
I hate those level up glitch.. I mean, you get more than enough levelling up normally, why would I need to exploit a glitch?

Just take DA:O - I have 4 main story missions completed (out of 7 I think) and I'm already Lvl18 (out of a max 25). And I already just hack my way through everything I've encountered so far, including a High Dragon ...

I'm guessing DAII will have pretty the same progression.

Little anecdote about DA2: When I tried the game, I fell asleep before the end of the intro movie!
I had work from 6am to 7pm that day

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2011, 03:28:40 AM »
I hate those level up glitch.. I mean, you get more than enough levelling up normally, why would I need to exploit a glitch?
Oh, I agree. Although, replaying Fallout Las Vegas right now, the stretches between lelevels get retry long in that one, starting around Level 18. Glitching defeats the whole purpose though :shrug:

I just posted the video, because I found the reaction of the two guys quite funny, the laughing and excitement was pretty funny...

RossRoy

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2011, 03:42:23 AM »
I just posted the video, because I found the reaction of the two guys quite funny, the laughing and excitement was pretty funny...

Didn't even watch the video when I saw it was about a levelling glitch  :bag:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2011, 09:08:18 AM »
Didn't even watch the video when I saw it was about a levelling glitch  :bag:
That is my fault entirely. I did sell it mainly on the glitch... :-[

RossRoy

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2011, 09:36:21 AM »
And why did I not watch the video? Don't want to end up exploiting the glitch "unconsciously" when I get to that point in the game  ;)

That being said - I'm almost done replaying the main DA:O game for import! Only have the two last main quest left to go (the Landsmeet and the final confrontation).

---

Still debating whether to replay Darkspawn Chronicles (didn't like it too much the first time around ... it's the final battle of the game, form the Darkspawn's perspective ... you play as a Darkspawn)

I will replay the other expansions though before moving on to DA2.

---

On a side note: What am I doing up at 3h30am again?  :weep:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »

On a side note: What am I doing up at 3h30am again?  :weep:

Umm...posting here? :)

RossRoy