Author Topic: What You Watching Tonight ???  (Read 19858 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What You Watching Tonight ???
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2012, 01:32:42 AM »
I am just about to pop in the next disc (disc 3) of Medium: The Final Season.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2012, 02:21:02 AM »
I feel duty bound though to direct you to Mother's Day, directed by the guy who did several of the Saw films. It's not bad, you may like it's themes: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,7523.msg148275.html#msg148275
How does it compare to original, which was a Troma film and as such purely exploitational...?

and now Im about to pop in Triangle.
I quite liked Triangle, which I bought based on the review by Mark Kermode. I believe Jon Znd Tom have sen it as well and if memory serves they both liked it as well. What did you think?

Najemikon

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2012, 04:17:07 AM »
I feel duty bound though to direct you to Mother's Day, directed by the guy who did several of the Saw films. It's not bad, you may like it's themes: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,7523.msg148275.html#msg148275
How does it compare to original, which was a Troma film and as such purely exploitational...?

I quite liked Triangle, which I bought based on the review by Mark Kermode. I believe Jon Znd Tom have sen it as well and if memory serves they both liked it as well. What did you think?

Yeah, I liked Triangle too. Never seen the original Mother's Day, but I did think that such a story would work better in that era and style...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2012, 05:34:31 AM »
It has nothing to do with the original except, surprise surprise ::), the title. The original is a rape revenge film, the "remake" is a home invasion movie like countless others filled with extreme but unecessary violence (of course this is pretty much the only thing Darren Lynn Bousman can do as he is a one trick pony).

Najemikon

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2012, 12:57:06 PM »
Spot on, Jimmy. As a home invasion film, the new one starts well, but if it wasn't for Rebecca De Mornay's appeal, it would be utter junk.

Jimmy, I can't remember if we spoke of it before, but have you seen The Woman?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2012, 07:45:55 PM »
I don't think as the title doesn't rings a bell. Is it this one? It isn't released here yet, but I found it at Amazon UK. I put it in my wishlist untill the price drop a little (£8.79 is a bit too much for a recent movie blind buy for me) as it seems interesting...

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
I don't think as the title doesn't rings a bell. Is it this one? It isn't released here yet, but I found it at Amazon UK. I put it in my wishlist untill the price drop a little (£8.79 is a bit too much for a recent movie blind buy for me) as it seems interesting...

£5.99 @ Amazon and you'll get to remove the 20% tax. According to camelcamelcamel it has hit under £5 recently though:
http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Woman-Blu-ray-Region-Free-Pollyanna-McIntosh/product/B005HWQGJA

Najemikon

« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
Yeah, that's the one, Jimmy. Surprised at the price actually, because I saw the Blu drop to £5.99...

I just checked as well. Where are you seeing it, Sam? The Blu at Amazon and other typical etailers is still £5.99, while Asda have the DVD for £5, but everyone else is over £8, including Amazon!! That's nuts.  :stars:

edit: Sorry, I see you were looking at the Blu anyway.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
I checked only the DVD as usually they cost less... weird that it cost less on Blue. I'll order it next month as £5.99 is fine for a blind buy.

Najemikon

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2012, 08:09:12 PM »
I think you'll enjoy the disc regardless of how you respond to the film, Jimmy. There's an excellent Q&A panel of about 40 minutes where several of the current indie horror film-makers in the US discuss the State of American Horror. There are several interesting conclusions! ;)

Sharpy

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2012, 10:47:31 PM »
The main reason I looked this film up was because it was done by the same director as "Creep" (absolutely brilliant UK horror) and "Severance" (Good film,I think danny dyer is a good actor...well he used to be).Yes I was impressed with "Triangle" , quite cleverly done.It kept me entertained  :),deffinately worth a watch to those of u who havent seen it.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »
I have Triangle in the 30 or so items I haven't gor tound to noting that have arrived here this week. Good to hear it is good by most peoples thoughts. I just watched Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie (will add to marathon shortly) and tonight debating still. Might start another TV set. Was going to start on CSI: S9 the other day but ended up not bothering. Maybe tonight.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2012, 03:16:15 AM »
Watched the first four episodes of CSI: New York Season 4.1 in the end but now can't decide whether to hit up disc 2 or a movie. Not tired at all.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2012, 07:43:29 AM »
According to DVD Profiler the UK Blu-ray release of The Woman is region free. If there is no US release yet or at least not at same low price I'll order it there as well, partly because of the special feature Jon mentioned.

Sharpy

« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
Tonight Im going to watch "The Rage:Carrie 2" or "Vacancy 2:The First Cut" not decided yet. meh, Im not really expecting alot out of either of these films  :hmmmm:. cant see either bein much good.