Author Topic: Hey new guy here  (Read 3675 times)

snowcat

Re: Hey new guy here
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 11:11:33 PM »
Welcome Kevin :) nice to see another UK member!

kevin_1990

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 11:38:41 PM »
Welcome Kevin :) nice to see another UK member!

yep your not the only sad person in the UK who collects dvds lol :D

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 05:41:09 AM »
hi i can understand are DVD'S not really cheap to buy in Taiwan cause when my dad used to go there to work years ago he used to bring back loads of DVD's that he got cheap.
Actually, what makes it expensive forme here is the fact that I am mail ordering everything from USA, UK and occasioanlly Germany.

Taiwan used to be very high on the list of countries infamous for boot legging, but things have improved since then. When I was in China in 2002 it was actually hard to find legal DVDs :laugh: In Taiwan they are still around, but most stuff is available legally through regular stores.

have you ever visited Taiwan with your dad?

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 07:01:52 AM »
When I was in China in 2002 it was actually hard to find legal DVDs

It amazes me just how many bootlegs come from China. It took me (and I assume others) reporting the same re-listed bootleg copies to eBay dozens of times before they finally started blocking. And that was only one DVD (boxed set) with another 1,000 different ones on the site.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:11:04 AM by Blair »
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

kevin_1990

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 02:39:59 PM »
hi i can understand are DVD'S not really cheap to buy in Taiwan cause when my dad used to go there to work years ago he used to bring back loads of DVD's that he got cheap.
Actually, what makes it expensive forme here is the fact that I am mail ordering everything from USA, UK and occasioanlly Germany.

Taiwan used to be very high on the list of countries infamous for boot legging, but things have improved since then. When I was in China in 2002 it was actually hard to find legal DVDs :laugh: In Taiwan they are still around, but most stuff is available legally through regular stores.

have you ever visited Taiwan with your dad?

Nah its for work he gose he's been all over the place through his job lucky bastard lol i have never been out of europe he used to go to Hong Kong alot too in china loads of countrys in europe and he's been to Boston in America its my dream to go to America lol i love the place lol probably cause of my obsession with movies add like to vist China to and Taiwan