Author Topic: Star Wars goes Blu  (Read 8909 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Star Wars goes Blu
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 04:04:19 AM »
I need to start doing better researching when Blu-rays or DVDs are coming out.  I use to have a site that at least told me when stuff was coming out.  I either lost the link or the site went down.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 04:10:16 AM »
I use a number of different sites, local and international. And I also have Amazon send me emails informing me when pre-orders can be placed for certain titles. But I think in the case of the Star Wars I'm going to have to wait until they are released in Australia as 20th Century Fox region lock the majority of their Blu-ray titles.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 04:16:06 AM »
I've signed up to be notified when a few titles are released from Amazon before.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 04:19:16 AM »
It's a pretty good system. I do really whish their members card wasn't just for US citizens, the amount of money I could save makes my mouth water.

Rogmeister

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 04:36:58 AM »
Regarding info on stuff coming out, there's one site I like that gives out info on just when TV stuff is coming out on DVD and Blu-ray.  It's called TVShowsOnDVD.com.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 05:49:37 AM »
I felt a bit strange doing so (almost 9 months ahead of time)... I also pre-ordered the 6-disc set, as it comes with three freew coasters for the drinks. :P

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 07:43:43 AM »
I felt a bit strange doing so (almost 9 months ahead of time)... I also pre-ordered the 6-disc set, as it comes with three freew coasters for the drinks. :P

Coasters = Episodes I through III?

:laugh:

I'll probably get the set...I'm just not preordering yet.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 07:51:02 AM »

Well that's makes sense, you'll need a large amount of alcohol to get through episodes I - III.  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 07:55:51 AM »
I don't mind I - III that much....except for Anakin.  He's too much of a whiny ass to become Vader.  I do think III is the best of I - III.
I do like the original trilogy better of course..but I wasn't as....critical of the new movies as some.  I still enjoyed them....even when Anakain annoyed me so much I wanted to reach into the screen and slap the shit out of him.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 08:01:06 AM »
Anakin was such a little bitch. I swear Lucas must have had a crush on him because how an actor can get away with such an awful performance in two movies is beyond me.
And I agree episode III is the best one. The one thing I do like about all three are the light saber duels, they are very well done.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 08:04:28 AM »
Yup...the light saber duels were awesome..especially the one in III between Anakain/Vader and Obi Won. 

I've seen one or two other movies with Hayden Christopher..think that's his name... Anyway..he has not impressed me at all with his attempts at acting.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »
Yup...the light saber duels were awesome..especially the one in III between Anakain/Vader and Obi Won. 

I've seen one or two other movies with Hayden Christopher..think that's his name... Anyway..he has not impressed me at all with his attempts at acting.

I love the duel in episode 1 between Obi Won and Darth Maul, it's short but so intense!

Hayden Christensen in Life as a House wasn't too bad and it was a very good movie after all.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 09:48:50 PM »
That was Qui Gon..the one played by Liam Neeson.  Obi Won  was stuck behind some force field thing.  Then Obi Won promised that he'd train Anakin.

RossRoy

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 09:55:26 PM »
That was Qui Gon..the one played by Liam Neeson.  Obi Won  was stuck behind some force field thing.  Then Obi Won promised that he'd train Anakin.

I think he does mean the little bit after Qui-Gon gets impaled and Obi-Wan finally realizes his potential ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »
Oh that's right.  I forgot that somehow.  Never mind.   :laugh:  Must have had a blonde moment.   :laugh: