Author Topic: Claymation Studio 3.0 Deluxe  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Claymation Studio 3.0 Deluxe
« on: December 19, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »
My 8 year old nephew has won an award at school for being at the top of the school for his computer work.

I call him the "DVD King" because he loves my collection and has stated that he is going to be a director of films when he grows up.

I wanted to reward him for his achievement at school and to encourage his enthusiasm for film so I bought him this:

I know nothing about this program and hope that it will be something he loves. For those who know anything about this, what do you think?

If no one thinks it's appropriate, I'll keep it myself because I love the fact that the camera is a dog!  ;D

Mustrum_Ridcully

Re: Claymation Studio 3.0 Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 11:52:14 PM »
Looks cute for a webcam,
I'm just not sure in how far this is supposed to help creating "Stop-Motion"-Videos. Hope they don't simply mean that it can be used as Digital photo-camera too (Cause that's what "Stop-Motion" basically is)

EDIT: BTW a 640 x 480 sensor cannot create HD-Videos (so the imprint on the box is misleading). I assume the HD-effect is created by interpolation (upscaling) via the included software.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:56:47 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Critter

Re: Claymation Studio 3.0 Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »
It's a great camera, but it doesn't seem to have any actual stop motion software. I'm sure it's all explained in the instructions though.