Author Topic: What Did You Get for Christmas?  (Read 17907 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: What Did You Get for Christmas?
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2010, 10:38:48 AM »
Jon...

Twilight better than Harry Potter?????  No way in hell.  Did you slip on the ice and hit your head?  Get stuck in a snowdrift for a while and and lose your mind?

I saw the first two movies..they were just ok..entertaining moments and that's it.  I did get the new one for Christmas, but I can't control what other people get me for Christmas you know.  ;)

By the way..you keep saying nonsense like that and I won't be responsible for my actions.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2010, 10:43:40 AM »
I can watch Twilight... but it is far from a favorite. The first movie was given to me a year or so ago. But I haven't gotten/seen any of the sequels. At least not yet. The whole sparkle like diamonds thing really bugged me the most about the movie. The rest of it I found at least watchable. But then I am known to be able to find good... even in bad movies. :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2010, 10:52:16 AM »
The sparkling vampires bugged me too.  Even in the book I thought that was ridiculous..then the way it was done in the movies sucked. 

snowcat

« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »
Is everyone's problem with Twilight honestly the glittering vampires thing? that seems a pretty small thing for all the hatred it receives.

Now I don't like the film, the characters are annoying but I like the scenery  ;)

.... from what I remember of The lost boys a vampire bursts into glitter when he comes in contact with light?

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2010, 12:27:56 PM »
Is everyone's problem with Twilight honestly the glittering vampires thing? that seems a pretty small thing for all the hatred it receives.

Now I don't like the film, the characters are annoying but I like the scenery  ;)

.... from what I remember of The lost boys a vampire bursts into glitter when he comes in contact with light?

That's true but the vampires from the lost boys weren't a bunch of little bitches.

Critter

« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2010, 12:31:53 PM »

That's true but the vampires from the lost boys weren't a bunch of little bitches.
:hysterical:

Truer words have never been spoken.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2010, 07:26:25 PM »
I don't actively hate Twilight...it doesn't deserve that much effort on my part. 
Bella is one of the most annoying and irritating characters ever created.  And that is after her whinning and moping are toned way down from the books.

I could get past the glittering vampires if the stories were stronger...and the acting better.  As it is, that is just one more thing that bugs me about the movie.
And in The Lost Boys, the vampires died when in sunlight.  From what I remember, the one might sort of glow when light hits him for a few seconds, but he then dies.  Not exactly bursting into flames, but he basically burns in the light.  I think.  I may be remembering wrong...

Maybe Pete remembers better than me on that.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2010, 08:27:15 PM »
I can watch Twilight... but it is far from a favorite. The first movie was given to me a year or so ago. But I haven't gotten/seen any of the sequels. At least not yet. The whole sparkle like diamonds thing really bugged me the most about the movie. The rest of it I found at least watchable. But then I am known to be able to find good... even in bad movies. :P

I'm with you Pete.  I find something good in just about everything.  Which incidentally is one of the reasons I don't write reviews. They'd all be great. :laugh:

Now I'm probably never going to pick out a Twilight movie to watch on my own. But if someone else wants to watch one, I'm not going to leave the room.  And the 3rd was the best yet in my opinion.  Some great action scenes.  Of course as someone else pointed out, the characters are still a bunch of whiny little bitches.  Maybe even worse in this movie.  I can get most of the characters having that annoying high school attitude (sorry Brittany, I'm sure you're father has raised you better!).  But Edward is what? Over 100 years old at least.  You'd think he'd act more like an adult.  That was the worst part of the last movie for me.

Fortunately, I won't burst into flames for watching the movies.  Or admitting to it! :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2010, 08:35:09 PM »
I don't actively hate Twilight...it doesn't deserve that much effort on my part. 
Bella is one of the most annoying and irritating characters ever created.  And that is after her whinning and moping are toned way down from the books.

I could get past the glittering vampires if the stories were stronger...and the acting better.  As it is, that is just one more thing that bugs me about the movie.
And in The Lost Boys, the vampires died when in sunlight.  From what I remember, the one might sort of glow when light hits him for a few seconds, but he then dies.  Not exactly bursting into flames, but he basically burns in the light.  I think.  I may be remembering wrong...

It has been a while... but I don't even remember the vampires glowing before dying in The Lost Boys... maybe they did... I can't say they don't... but not to my memory at least.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »

I'm with you Pete.  I find something good in just about everything.  Which incidentally is one of the reasons I don't write reviews. They'd all be great. :laugh:

Now I'm probably never going to pick out a Twilight movie to watch on my own. But if someone else wants to watch one, I'm not going to leave the room.  And the 3rd was the best yet in my opinion.  Some great action scenes.  Of course as someone else pointed out, the characters are still a bunch of whiny little bitches.  Maybe even worse in this movie.  I can get most of the characters having that annoying high school attitude (sorry Brittany, I'm sure you're father has raised you better!).  But Edward is what? Over 100 years old at least.  You'd think he'd act more like an adult.  That was the worst part of the last movie for me.

Fortunately, I won't burst into flames for watching the movies.  Or admitting to it! :P

Correct me if I am wrong... but Twilight is made with teen girls in mind... no? Well Brittany won't even watch the movie 1 time! She has no urge to watch anything Twilight what so ever!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2010, 08:52:51 PM »

It has been a while... but I don't even remember the vampires glowing before dying in The Lost Boys... maybe they did... I can't say they don't... but not to my memory at least.

Didn't the vampires in Lost Boys - or at least one of them - burn in the light though? 
Not exactly a glow..but a change in coloring and then burning maybe.  No glittering or sparkling.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2010, 08:58:13 PM »
I think I remember one getting hit by the sunlight and it was more like sparks flew from him.... then flames and he burned up that way. At least I think I am remembering The Lost Boys. Watching so many vampire movies over the years!  :bag: :laugh:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2010, 09:01:55 PM »
Guess what I just bought for myself as a late Christmas gift :whistle:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
I think I remember one getting hit by the sunlight and it was more like sparks flew from him.... then flames and he burned up that way. At least I think I am remembering The Lost Boys. Watching so many vampire movies over the years!  :bag: :laugh:

That sounds right to me too.  No glittering or twinkling...just maybe some sparks and then burning.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2010, 09:39:40 PM »
Guess what I just bought for myself as a late Christmas gift :whistle:

:o :o

(click to show/hide)