Author Topic: Music Anyone??  (Read 3557 times)

Fasteddie33

Music Anyone??
« on: December 13, 2010, 01:21:46 AM »
So lets hear some of your favorite music/bands!!..I know its hard for me to list just one,but I could probably list my top ten....

#1.Depeche Mode
#2.Erasure
#3.The Cure
#4.The Mobile Homes
#5.Sublime
#6.Tool
#7.Pet Shop Boys
#8.Gary Newman
#9.Red Hot Chili Peppers
#10.Slightly Stoopid

Dr. Hasslein

Re: Music Anyone??
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 01:37:24 AM »
In no particluar order.

1. Buddy Holly
2. Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
3. Bobby Darin
4. David Bowie
5. Billy Joel
6. Frank Sinatra
7. Phil Collins
8. Dion and the Belmonts
9. Ritchie Valens
10. Mental As Anything

And one of my all time favourite song is 'Black is Black' by Los Bravos.

As you can tell I like a lot of old music, really really old music  :laugh:
I quite despise the majority of today’s so call music. But anyway to each there own.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:54:41 AM by Dr. Hasslein »

Rogmeister

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 01:38:40 AM »
Wow, Fasteddie...I don't have albums by any of those guys you listed!  I do have CDs by one or two that Dr. Heisslin mentioned.  I have a couple of types of music I will listen to.  I have a pretty good-sized collection of movie scores.  Contrary to what you m ay think, it's not all music from westerns!  I also like country music and my favorites there include Johnny Cash, Alan Jackson, Reba McEntire, Tanya Tucker, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, and others.  I don't listen to a lot of current radio, though.  I have listened to some rock but that's mostly in the past.  I do have something like about 20 VHS tapes full of rock videos I recorded back in the days when MTV was actually showing rock videos...  :o

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 01:46:55 AM »
I have an album of Ennio Morricone scoes I got online.
The themes to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Once Upon A Time In The West are amazing!

Rogmeister

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 01:49:25 AM »
Yes, I like those.  Another favorite Morricone piece for me is his Love Theme to The Red Tent.

Critter

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 01:49:51 AM »
I love music and I listen to just about every single genre there is. I listen to old, new, jazz, rock, pop, rap, hip-hop, folk etc etc.
I seriously have no limits, I just love music so much that I will listen to just about anything. Because of this I find it very hard to list a top 10 favourites as I just like so many. I could maybe list 20 or 30 artists I like but I could never list them in order, it would just be a love for all of them. I won't list them though, I'm sure some of my taste in music would disgust many of you.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 01:52:46 AM »
That'll be hard to answer, but some of my favourites (in no particular order):

1. Front Line Assembly
2. Depeche Mode
3. Front 242
4. Die Krupps
5. Phillip Boa & the Voodoo Club
6. Paradise Lost
7. Deine Lakaien
8. Pink Floyd
9. Ultravox
10. Blue October or Port O'Brien (couldn't decide here)

Which of course have to be listed too: Gary Numan, David Bowie, Yazoo, Wolfsheim, Ministry, Midnight Oil, ... (in fact just about anything, as long as it doesn't bore my ears)

And before anybody asks: Yes, as long as no one finds a darker colour I'm wearing black.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:04:48 AM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Fasteddie33

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 01:54:02 AM »
My wife is a HUGE country music fan.....I listen to some of it also,but I mostly like
John Micheal Montgomery,Garth Brooks,Randy Travis,Toby Keith,Montgomery Gentry,etc...
and thats about it for country... ;D

The type of music Im really into is called "Future Pop"....dont worry,its not for everybody,LOL!!!

Fasteddie33

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 01:58:36 AM »
@Critter-No music could ever digust me!!! ;D...Im kind of the same way...I like all types,but these were just some of my favorites!!

@Silence of the Lambs-I like alot of the same music as you,I think most of my faves have a german background,especialy the industrial stuff,like Nitzer Ebb and Front 242....

Critter

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 02:04:55 AM »
Haha, I'm sure no music would disgust you Eddie, but I'm sure a few other members would roll their eyes if they saw some of the artists I like.

Ah what the hell, I'll make a list. (Remember, not in order, just a bunch of artists I like).

- Radiohead
- Yeasayer
- Daft Punk
- Katy Perry
- The Beatles
- Muse
- RATATAT
- Peter Gabriel
- Bob Marley
- The Church
- The Clash
- Lady Gaga
- Pink
- Passion Pit
- The Libertines
- Chiddy Bang
- Madonna
- The Band
- Animal Collective
- Architecture in Helsinki
- Royksopp
- Sia
- Enya
- Lily Allen

Okay, so those are a few just off the top of my head. Also, what I listen to most of all is film soundtracks. I have over 50 of them but my all time favourites are The Lion King and Princess Mononoke.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 02:09:48 AM »
Thanks Sophie I just threw up over my keyboard.  :laugh:

Nah only joking, there is some stuff there that I like.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 02:11:08 AM »
@ Critter-Wow!!...I like 99% of the ones you listed!!..Great taste in music!!  :cheers:

Critter

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 02:12:01 AM »
Thanks Sophie I just threw up over my keyboard.  :laugh:

Nah only joking, there is some stuff there that I like.

I did warn you didn't I.

I left so many out that I love. One band in particular 'Sigur Ros' is one of my all time favourites. I have every album they have ever made and have been listening to them for years. Their music is just so zen and beautiful, sort of like Enya. I can't get enough of that.

And thanks Eddie.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 02:34:59 AM »
I left so many out that I love. One band in particular 'Sigur Ros' is one of my all time favourites. I have every album they have ever made and have been listening to them for years. Their music is just so zen and beautiful, sort of like Enya. I can't get enough of that.

Sveinsson of Sigur Rós wrote the score for Neil Jordan's Ondine, which is one of my favorite movies this year.
Matthias

Fasteddie33

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 02:43:02 AM »
Cool-I will have to check them out on iTunes!!