Author Topic: Emergency Room Visit  (Read 5124 times)

Critter

Re: Emergency Room Visit
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 10:42:42 AM »
I can also fall up stairs...and I only do it when all kinds of people are around to impress ;)
But seriously...I've done that more than once.  And been laughed at every time.

I'm lucky in a way that whenever I do embarrassing stuff like that people don't notice... although there were two times when I almost wished people saw me just because they were so damn funny! The first time was when I was in high school. I was walking back to my house room when I actually slipped... on a banana peel! I fell all the way to the ground and landed on my knees which started to bleed, yet at the same time I couldn't stop laughing, I mean really... a banana peel! I felt like I was in some old comedy skit show, who actually slips on them in real life?

The second time was in Russia when I with a whole group of people in freezing cold St Petersburg walking down the side of this big Russian highway. We were walking along the pavement, up a set of really large stairs when I suddenly (being the sure-footed person that I always claim to be) tripped up the stairs! Now no one actually noticed me do this, but I tripped up the stairs and landed on all fours with my hands on the steps in front of me. Then when I tried to get up I tripped again, only this time I tripped perfectly back into a standing position and just kept on walking! Now by this stage I was heavily impressed with myself, I had managed to trip up some stairs, then trip again back into a standing position in one smooth movement, almost like I meant to do it and then just kept on walking! I then of course ran up to the rest of the group to see if anyone else saw the amazing feat I had just pulled but of course no one was watching.  :(

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 10:55:46 AM »
 :laugh:

So you really can fall on a banana peel.   :laugh:

Once or twice I feel up stairs..landed with my hands on a step..and then proceeded to slide back down the stairs.

Critter

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 10:59:55 AM »
Once or twice I feel up stairs..landed with my hands on a step..and then proceeded to slide back down the stairs.
:laugh:

Now that is impressive. I can only imagine how funny that would look, and possibly how painful it would be.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 11:01:16 AM »
Told you I was talented.  I can trip over things that aren't there too.   :laugh:
It usually is painful.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 05:40:30 PM »
I'm wondering how you're doing since your fall.

You should be nice and discolored...send pictures!  :laugh:

Are you getting your staples out soon?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 07:20:09 PM »
If I remember correctly Roger told me yesterday in a PM that he is having the staples out tomorrow.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »
Pete is right.  I'm going out with my family for dinner tonight (possibly to a restaurant called Joe's Crab Shack) and then I go back tomorrow to get my staples out.  I tried taking a photo or two but they didn't show up very well.  The staples are in an area I have hair.  I should've taken photos when it first happened and I had blood streaming down my face!  Pete, being the horror afficianado that he is, would've loved that!  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »
 :laugh:  :thumbup:
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »
The staples are in an area I have hair.
So what's wrong about a decent crew cut, if it serves the greater good (which in this case would have been our amusement paired with the relief that it all turned out good)??  :laugh:

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 01:59:23 AM »
During my last surgery they went overboard on the slicing because the neurosurgeon I'd never had before because of moving to a new area was certain he knew it was a bigger problem than I explained (but I knew it wasn't... as they say "no one knows your body better than you do" and I have had more than enough experience with these surgeries . . . and now I have only around 25% of normal feeling on that part of my head likely due to having to cut the nerves :voodoo:)

Anyway, from the scar, it's apparent that I looked like The Terminator during the chip-removal scene.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:04:46 AM by Blair »
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Critter

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 03:05:53 AM »
I really hate staples. I once had something like 40 staples in me after a surgery and getting them removed was something that I found horrible. A really uncomfortable experience.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010, 04:39:36 AM »
I had staples after the hip surgeries I had...no idea now many, but given how big the incisions were - and the scars still are - there were a lot.

My mom had staples when she had her knee replacement done..and they left them in too long.  Over 3 weeks..she said it really hurt when they were taken out and the nurse just laughed. 

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 06:58:20 AM »
I cut the tip of my finger once and had 5 stitches. That, is the extent of my surgeries.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 07:51:17 AM »
I had hip surgeries when I was ..umm...in 2nd grade...so like 8 or 9 I think.  I was in the hospital like 6 months total for those..one surgery for each hip. 
Then a year or year and a half later, I had to have surgery again to remove the metal braces and pins..I still have the braces somewhere.

In fifth grade, I had to have surgery on one knee...The bone or joint or something was turning..I still really don't fully know what was going on. 

I had stitches in my hand when I was like 16 I think it was.  That scar is barely visible.  I think it was 5 stitches.  I put my hand through a window.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 08:07:02 AM »
If we talk scars ;D

I've the one on the top of my head from the accident I talked about previously, but it's only visible when my hair are short. I have a couple also on my left arm courtesy of a fight when I was in my twenties (the other guy had a knife wich of course I didn't know before). I have some others also on my left hand for many things that happen when I was a kid (some cut when I broke a window with my hand and a white spot on my little finger because of a melted plastic burns).