Author Topic: Help me Decide - This weekend's marathon  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Help me Decide - This weekend's marathon
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 12:22:29 AM »
I thought of another...and it even stars Sandra Bullock!...The Lake House.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 12:29:10 AM »

That would be an excellent choice if you were planning a weekend of psychological torture. :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 01:00:57 AM »
I absolutely love Sandra Bullock (I am a huge fan!)... and enjoyed The Lake House. But hey... that is me.
Pete

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 01:03:19 AM »

That would be an excellent choice if you were planning a weekend of psychological torture. :hysterical:

No...that would be All About Steve ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 01:09:08 AM »
All About Steve definitely isn't one of her best... but I still ended up enjoying more then I thought I would.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 09:37:21 AM »
All About Steve wasn't as bad as a lot of people say.  It wasn't great..but I've seen a lot worse.

- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Yup...a little bit.  2 characters go back several hours near the end of the movie.
- Galaxy Quest - Well...they do go back in time briefly...13 seconds.
- Stargate (I know there was portal... but time travel? I forget) I can't remember either.
- Lara Croft: Yes.  Sort of like in Galaxy Quest, it is a short jump back to fix something if I remember right.
- Freejack  I think so.  I think one character somehow travels to the future.
- Lost in Space - Sort of..wait..now that I think about it..Yes I think so.  They jump through hyperspace or something and end up in the future.  I think.
- Land of the Lost (once again.. consider it time travel? more like alternate dimension?) I thought it was an alternate dimension too.  Hmm.  Maybe because stuff from all different times ended up there?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 12:29:55 PM »
I was able to find out Freejack definitely has time travel in it just by reading the overview :P

Freejack
Bounty hunters from the future raid the present to provide new bodies for the super rich in the all-out, pedal-to-the-metal sci-fi thriller Freejack, directed by Geoff Murphy (Young Guns) and sparked by the imagination of Alien and Total Recall veteran Ronald Shusett.

Emilio Estevez, Mick Jagger, Anthony Hopkins and Rene Russo star, keeping pace with the scenic, supersonic excitement. Prior to a crash, race car driver Alex Furlong (Estevez) is  snatched from his cockpit and hurled into the futureworld of 2009. He's dead. And running for his life. He's a "freejack," a stranger in the strangest of lands. And a relentless "bonejacker"  (Jagger) can collect millions bringing him in.

Kinda makes it weird that the future is set in 2009... but hey the movie was made in 1992. But I always thought when it is supposed to be the future it should never give the year.... that way no matter when it is viewed it can still be viewed as the future.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 01:54:20 AM »
I'm late to this, I know, but to be fair most of the Hitchcock you listed was very early stuff and ropey. Secret Agent is especially poor! However, The 39 Steps was fantastic, so give that one a try. ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 12:36:18 PM »
I actually figured most of that Hitchcock set wouldn't be his best... I really need to get some more of the ones he is better known for.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 12:45:24 PM »
From your list, these are considered proper Hitchcock. The rest range in quality as curiosities and you have to be in the mood. The 39 Steps is a true classic though and should be good enough to ignore your mood!  ;)

- The Birds (1963)
- Blackmail (1929)
- Jamaica Inn (1939)
- The Lady Vanishes (1938)
- The Lodger (1926)
- The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)
- Psycho (1960)
- Rear Window (1954)
- Sabotage (1936)
- Thirty-Nine Steps (1935)