Author Topic: Show Us Your Desktop  (Read 6199 times)

karmesinrot

Re: Show Us Your Desktop
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2010, 12:57:07 PM »
I have one for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows now...Hogwarts on fire.

can get it or see it at harrypotter.com. 
Wow I love the one with Bellatrix..although I'm not a big fan of HBC playing her :P

And Sophie, I agree, I think in season 4 of Skins Emily became more like Katy in a way. Although season 4 really became quite unrealistic towards the end in my opinion!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »
I saved them all on my computer...I may use one of the others at some point.

In some ways, Bellatrix seems more twisted than Voldmort.  I also thought she seemed even more crazed in the new movie.
She is an interesting character...entertaining..but I can't really like her.

(click to show/hide)

Critter

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2010, 01:03:30 PM »
I have one for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows now...Hogwarts on fire.

can get it or see it at harrypotter.com.  
Wow I love the one with Bellatrix..although I'm not a big fan of HBC playing her :P

And Sophie, I agree, I think in season 4 of Skins Emily became more like Katy in a way. Although season 4 really became quite unrealistic towards the end in my opinion!

Ha I totally agree. The finale episode of season 4 was laughable. In fact I did laugh at it, they tried to quickly wrap up everyones stories without any proper build-up to the end. Emily and Naomi, Thomas, Cook, Freddie etc. All their stories just seemed to be rushed endings without much thought into them. It's almost like the writing team really suddenly realized the season had ended, and they needed to wrap up the stories in the last minute with whatever ideas they could think of.

Also as for Bellatrix, I just love her! She is one of my favourite evil characters ever! I love reading any page when she is there, and I personally love HBC playing her. But I'm a bit of an HBC fangirl anyway so I may be a bit biased  ;). Any scene she is in in the films is usually one of my faves.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2010, 01:08:01 PM »
Oh I do think Bellatrix is a wonderful evil character...especially with how HBC plays her.  I can't imagine any one else playing her.  Of course, I pretty much feel that way about all the characters.  The casting has been perfect for the movies.

Critter

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »
No one can yell
(click to show/hide)
like that woman. Even hearing it in the film gives me chills, I just love it. I also love her during the
(click to show/hide)
, so fantastically evil. Ever since film 5 one of the main things I have been most excited for every time a new one came out is just seeing which parts Bellatrix will have.

karmesinrot

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2010, 02:25:31 PM »
Have to agree, the
(click to show/hide)
in the Deathly Hallows Part 1 was fantastic!! I dunno, I think when I imagine her in my head whilst reading the books, she's just a lot younger and hotter than HBC plays her? Althought reading that back it sounds really weird haha! In the movies they really went for the "mad" angle, which is probably more true to what JKR intended than what I imagine in my head.  :P

kahless

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2010, 08:55:08 PM »
After my 20" LCD monitor at home suddenly died without warning I had to buy a new one. So this is my current desktop of my home PC with my new 21,5"  monitor at 1920x1080:

Darn! The image hoster seems to have a problem. Maybe the picture link works later on...  :(
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:06:55 PM by kahless »

Critter

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2010, 09:45:01 PM »
Have to agree, the
(click to show/hide)
in the Deathly Hallows Part 1 was fantastic!! I dunno, I think when I imagine her in my head whilst reading the books, she's just a lot younger and hotter than HBC plays her? Althought reading that back it sounds really weird haha! In the movies they really went for the "mad" angle, which is probably more true to what JKR intended than what I imagine in my head.  :P

She is 47 in the final books, so she was never really too young, but as for "hotter"... is it possibly to get hotter than HBC?  :P

That's a great looking desktop kahless.

kahless

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2010, 09:53:02 PM »

That's a great looking desktop kahless.

Thank you! I love Star Trek!  :)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2010, 10:03:42 PM »
At home, my system looks like this (also two monitors):

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 11:04:18 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Critter

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »
Love it Karsten! Really follows the theme of this forum.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »
Looks nice. :)

Oh I agree...she is wonderfully evil.  Her laugh is so demented.