Author Topic: Show Us Your Desktop  (Read 6198 times)

Critter

Re: Show Us Your Desktop
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 01:32:29 AM »
I've got too many icons on my desktop to show snapshot so I just give you a link to the wallpaper I'm using instead: Storm and light.

That's a very nice image.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 02:18:52 AM »
Mine is a picture of 3 of my dogs. Jay, on the left died 2 years ago. Tara, his sister in the middle died last year. Nina, the blonde bombshell on the right will be 18 this December. I took this picture shortly before Jay died and have had it as my desktop since.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 05:49:39 AM »
I do not put much effort in my desktop because I never see it. Only if I from time to time restart my PC. I do not work from the desktop. There are always other applications maximized. But anyway, attached my desktop I have had for years.

Here's mine. As you can see, I have a problem with too many icons on the desktop  :hysterical:

These apply to me too. I mainly use programs in maximized view, so there is little point in having many icons there (I do see the desktop occasionally, so I want to see something nice then). Beyond that, OS X has "Spaces", meaning I multiple virual desktops; still, each one (except the "first one") has maximized applications on it.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »
I don't have anything special for mine..just a plain one from the computer.  I use to have a bunch...I haven't changed mine in ages.  I've been thinking about trying some new ones again.
I had a Serenity one on my old computer for a long time. 

Oh..I got that Pixar one Sophie..I love it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:57:03 AM by Dragonfire »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 09:28:39 AM »
I have a dual monitor system and my primary desktop is my dumping area that gets cleaned every few months.

Everytime my PC starts up, Wallmaster changes the background randomly out of a collection of TV show pictures.

Today I've got:

The complete collection can be found here (24 megs).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:33:56 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Critter

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 08:32:29 AM »
Current desktop. No idea where this place is but I thought it looked nice.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 08:44:51 AM »
That's beautiful, but I think it might be the work of photoshop.

Critter

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 10:29:20 AM »
I had the idea that it was a photo that had been manipulated in photoshop. But I still don't know where the original photo was taken.

karmesinrot

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 12:16:17 PM »

This is mine...currently with a picture of the beautiful Jack O'Connell. Windows 7 changes the background to a new hot guy every 15 minutes. Sometimes it's Tom Hardy, sometimes Johnny Depp, sometimes Jeff Goldblum. I hide my icons so I can have a better view  :D Good times.

P.s hope the photo posts okay, i've been away so long I've forgotten how!!  :-\

Critter

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 12:20:53 PM »
Rhona! Good to see you back!   :celebrate:
Nice background haha. I didn't mind Cook in Skins. I didn't like him much in the sart, but he really grew on me by the end.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 12:33:57 PM »
I have one for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows now...Hogwarts on fire.

can get it or see it at harrypotter.com. 

karmesinrot

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 12:35:43 PM »
 ;D Thanks Sophie!! I'm having DVD withdrawel coz I'm spending all my money on Christmas presents, so I came to the next best thing!! :P
I loooove Cook in Skins! Did you him in JJ's episode after he's been beaten up in the club and he's saying something like "She loves you Freddie, but she can't stand it so she f***s me." and he's talking about how he's pure s**t? That's my favourite scene with him I think. I hear he's also great in Eden Lake, but I haven't got around to buying that yet.  ;)

Critter

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
Hmm, I think I remember that scene. I loved the whole episode where his younger brother was involved, the way those two got along together was adorable. My personal favourite of second gen was Emily. Or at least third season Emily anyway, she turned into kind of a bitch in season four, but Skins have a way of doing that too characters don't they?

I have one for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows now...Hogwarts on fire.

can get it or see it at harrypotter.com. 

Marie I have been looking for some Potter backgrounds myself, but I haven't been able to find any with high enough resolutions. I'll have to check out that site.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 12:50:06 PM »
There are a few different ones there, and you get them in different resolutions. 
I saved some others as well..but my icons stand out the best with the one I got.

http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/harrypotterandthedeathlyhallows/mainsite/index.html#/downloads

Critter

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »
Thanks, I ended up settling with the Hogwarts Burning one as well, it looks great. Although I was tempted with Bellatrix, I just love that woman!