Author Topic: A thought for all  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: A thought for all
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »
Congratulations! Our bodies remember the cave man days and are programmed to eat the way you lined out.

Caloric intake and exercise are crucial to making this type of diet work though but the results can be a lifetime of heath and fitness.

An occasional treat is okay once you reach your ideal weight. But, don't be surprised if your body reacts negatively (bloating or gas for example) if you do.

I'll be interested in your progress over the next few months - keep us informed.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 08:36:34 PM »
So I decided to change my eating habits to something similar. I would only allow myself no more than 80 grams of carbohydrates per day (the equivalent of 3 pieces of bread or a small bowl of pasta or rice), I increased my consumption of animal proteins (meats and cheeses) and started cooking with animal fats as opposed to vegetable oils. I also increased my daily intake of fruits and vegetables to coincide with the abrupt increase of saturated fat in my diet. My caloric intake would not exceed 2,000 calories per day too. And most importantly, no refined sugar!!!!
I do like me my carbs, but I guess I could reduce them a little. Other than that this looks like something I could roughly try myself. I wouldn't even mind if I'd loos my pounds slower than you yours.

Thanks for these tips. :thumbup:

Check out the documentary I mentioned...http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head

You should definitely try it. The results are amazing. Another thing that I've been doing is purging my digestive tract every two weeks with the use of an herbal laxative. You'd be amazed how much that can help your overall well being.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 08:58:23 PM »
Our bodies remember the cave man days and are programmed to eat the way you lined out.

This was pretty much what was said by the talking heads in that documentary, and it makes sense. As a species, are bodies ate animal fats and proteins for over a quarter of a million years. We've only been agricultural for about 4,000 years. Our bodies aren't meant to digest that much wheat and corn, it's not natural.

Caloric intake and exercise are crucial to making this type of diet work though but the results can be a lifetime of heath and fitness.

Because of the energy surge, I'm exercising at least twice a day, and sometimes three. I've been riding my bike, as opposed to driving my car, to run local errands and the results are striking. Another benefit is that I'm now having at least 4 good REM sessions when I sleep, as opposed to maybe 1 every other time I slept.

An occasional treat is okay once you reach your ideal weight. But, don't be surprised if your body reacts negatively (bloating or gas for example) if you do.

I've already experienced this, luckily I'm not too interested in eating these things at the moment, so I'm not woried about this.

One major thing I've noticed is that now that I've cut out refined sugar, my taste buds are becoming more acutely sensitive to sweet things, and I'm able to taste the natural sweetness in certain foods. From the time I was a child, I ate copius amounts of refined sugar, and I think my taste buds had become saturated and deadened to it. I mean, I used to put sugar on Cap'n Crunch cereal.  :stars: :slaphead:

I freaked out my wife last week when I took the lemon slices in my water glass and ate them. I have never been a fan of tart things, but my taste buds could now taste the natural sugar in the flesh and the tartness didn't bother me anymore. My wife almost fainted!  :laugh:

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 02:19:12 AM »
My father has always eaten WAY too much and WAY too much with WAY too much of the bad stuff in them, but when he was younger he always worked and played so hard that he burned it all off. Then he retired, got old, and gained 100 pounds and complains about being so fat, and how "he just can't seem to take it off."

He's the kind of person who thinks he can died for a week and lose 80 pounds and then go back to eating exactly what he was before.

Meanwhile, my brother and his family eat lots of healthy food, and extremely active, never tried, never stressed despite the chaos, etc and he criticizes them (particularly his wife for cooking it) as not tasting good, saying she should be fixing things like he used ot eat because it can't be good for their kids.

::)
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.