Author Topic: Argh! My biggest fear has returned!  (Read 6298 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Argh! My biggest fear has returned!
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 09:57:37 PM »
every time I want to say something, there will always be someone to cut me off and start talking. So what do I do? I shut up and listen.
This is sure not my case. When I talk people are better listening to me and don't cut me or it become hell on earth... I hate to be cut when I talk, it's impolite and whoever1 do this to me ask for listening my bad side... But most of the short people are like that :laugh:

1. It happened with a client when I was working retail and this guy sure never cut me anymore after the first time. I didn't care if it was my job to be supposely nice with everybody, if you don't respect me you will know it...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:01:56 PM by Jimmy »

Critter

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2010, 12:09:08 AM »
I'm actually very similar to this as well. I have a very loud older sister and my whole childhood she just took it upon herself to speak for me, and she still does. As a result of that I just sort of stopped talking most of the time. As far as social situations go, I'm usually okay with people my own age. If I am hanging out in a big group of friends I can chat with them all easily. Other times however I find it much harder. For example, if I am out for dinner or at a BBQ with a group of my Mum's friends then I find it hard to speak. It's not that I don't have anything to say, it's just that I can't ever seem to find the time to say it.

They all just seem to talk non stop, and without straight out interrupting them which I don't want to do, I find it very hard to cut in and say something. Because of that I just often don't say anything at all, so many people know me as 'the quiet girl' now. My Mum has even told me off for being rude and not talking before, but she doesn't understand that I want to talk, but just can't find the right way to do so.

This probably explains why so many of us spend this time online, while we are typing people listen to us... well "read" us at least.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2010, 02:22:11 AM »
I understand having trouble finding the time to say something too.  I do that too.

I have a friend who..well.  He talks a lot.  It is hard to me to be able to say something most of the time.  He's criticized me at times for not telling him things.  I tried to say I never got a chance because I wasn't going to interrupt.  I can't remember exactly what he came back with for that now.  When we talk, when I do try to say stuff, I always feel rushed like I have to hurry up and say stuff so he can then start rambling...or complaining about who knows what.  At times he's told me to hurry up or get to the point because he didn't want to talk more or he had stuff to tell me..stuff like that.  Also, when I have tried to respond and say something, he tells me I'm interrupting him when I wasn't.  I was just trying to have a normal conversation where both people talk.  He complains that I don't tell him stuff, but most of the time, it is because I don't get the chance.
This is bothering me more and more lately.  If it doesn't get better, I'm probably going to snap with him at some point.