Author Topic: Argh! My biggest fear has returned!  (Read 6299 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Argh! My biggest fear has returned!
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 01:21:05 PM »
Reading everyone's fears made me wonder if I have any phobias...I can't think of a single one.

I always brought home snakes, mice, frogs bugs etc. I was fascinated by all of them. I never hurt them. I would just research them and then give them a good environment to live in so I could watch them for a while. But, after a week or so, I always returned them back home.

I try and understand people's fears but I really never got it. How can you fear something so much smaller and more vulnerable than yourself?

Of course I would like to see Achim standing on a chair and screaming like a girl!  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 07:41:51 PM »
Of course I would like to see Achim standing on a chair and screaming like a girl!  :laugh:
:bag:

Not a pretty sight, I am sure. :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 09:48:56 PM »
I don't have any phobias either. In fact, I almost wish I did! I enjoy nightmares so I'm wierd like that. :-[ The only thing I can call close to a phobia is the way I react to broken glass. If I hear it break or have to clear any up, I get pins and needles in my hands. I don't understand why, but it doesn't remotely stop me dealing with it. :shrug:

snowcat

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 10:29:25 PM »
That little guy is pretty cute. I wish those are the size of the ones we get here.

...Well, thats pretty small for the ones we get here.

...the only thing im really scared of is Wasps, you see... when I was about 6 I was at school and I got stung in my finger, the teacher didn't believe me until my finger swelled up.

Well.... ever since ive been scared of them... and its an unconscious fear... like... if it stung me it would hurt me... but Its just that damn child hood trauma :p

when I was about 16 my friend had a wasp on her arm she was screaming i told her not to move.... out of nowhere my teacher comes along and smacks the wasp with a news paper.... it flew onto my arm and stung me twice >:( then the bloody thing died!!! it could have give me the satisfaction of killing it!!

Critter

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 12:05:02 AM »
I don't have any phobias either. In fact, I almost wish I did! I enjoy nightmares so I'm wierd like that.

I'm very jealous of this, I would love to not have any phobias like that. And you say you want to have some? Crazy person! Phobias are horrible. I have a couple of other ones as well, but I won't mention them here. If I do you will all think me crazy.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 12:08:34 AM »
I just mentioned in the review for the last movie I watched... poor girl had tarantulas crawling on her! That scene really gave me the chills!

For me it don't matter how small they are... I just do not like spiders... I don't jump on furniture and scream like a girl like some here.  :P But I do stay my distance away from them.
Pete

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 03:34:05 AM »
You wanna hear about fear? You remember I have a fear of clowns? I happened to mention it at school the other day. Today was costume day. Guess what the art teacher dressed up as??
(click to show/hide)

.........the wise guy ...........................

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 04:44:22 AM »
Nicely done work! :bat:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 04:59:34 AM »
I've got claustrophobia too.  It seems to be getting worse as I get older.
I don't like being surrounded by people..I need to be in the back with no one behind me.

Elevators about make me freak.  And of course when my mom was in the hospital, it had to be the 7th floor.  I always have to grab the bar thing in the elevator.  I have no idea why.  It's like I think my holding that is keeping the thing from plummeting or something.   :laugh:  Yes I know that's irrational too.  But that's how I am.  The elevators really bother me more now than when I was younger.  It is worse with other people on them. 
I also have a bit of a fear of either getting stuck in an elevator or of being in one that falls...I've probably seen too many movies. 

So..all in all, I try to avoid them.  And airplanes.  And heights.

Yes I have issues.
 :laugh:

Oh...about being afraid of something small that Kathy mentioned.  I have no idea what it is with spiders..just don't like them.  With snakes...those things come in lots of sizes and some are big enough to kill people.

Critter

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 05:09:10 AM »
I've been stuck in lifts (elevators) before. I've been stuck in them three times. Once I was stuck in a lift with 13 other people for over an hour, and the lift had malfunctioned and gone further down than it should have. It was so crowded that only two people could sit down at a time. In the end we had to climb out.

I'm not the biggest fan of lifts either  ;)

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 07:49:58 AM »
I don't like being surrounded by people..I need to be in the back with no one behind me.
Boy do I know how that feels, though it's not a phobia for me. For me it's a mixture of two issues since my childhood.

I have always done fine one-on-one, but when we get into a group, I felt like I was always being ignored... the fifth wheel, if you please. I also had little confidence and too much trust, so if I ever chose to walk in front and because of the first issue, the others could easily turn another direction without even considering me, leaving me behind. At least from the back I could see what was going on. Not a lifestyle I was proud of, but I was never one to stand up and change things. So, much of it has stuck with me even today.

I've been stuck in an elevator before with my parents when I was an early teen (I think). It wasn't for very long (5-10 minutes), but I remember my father being far more irritated than I was scared. For me it was probably more "Ho hum, we'll get out eventually." instead of even considering what was happening.
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 08:44:33 AM »
I get the ignored feeling.  I still feel like that at times.  It probably doesn't help that I work with a bunch of cliquish people who won't even say hi most of the time.  Not that I really want to be friends with people like that..but some courtesy would be nice.

I'm shy, so I don't say a lot when I don't know people.  I do ok with clients at work one on one..but in groups when I don't know many people...that is torture for me.  Several people I work with, or at least others that work for the same company, just in different offices, are loud mouths who have put me down in the past for being quiet.  Some have claimed that I'm mean too.  One person, one of the managers even - least not for my office thankfully - tries to put me on the spot when she can...she claims she draws me out.  The way she does it makes me feel like I'm being attacked, so I shut down more.  I hate when she is in charge of meetings or training.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 11:55:30 AM »
I get the ignored feeling.
We can open a support group :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 12:02:36 PM »
By the way, I filmed some of the time that I was stuck in a lift and put it on youtube. If anyone is interested to see it I'll be happy to post it. It was filmed a while ago, I must have been only 14 or so.

RossRoy

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »
I have always done fine one-on-one, but when we get into a group, I felt like I was always being ignored... the fifth wheel, if you please. I also had little confidence and too much trust, so if I ever chose to walk in front and because of the first issue, the others could easily turn another direction without even considering me, leaving me behind. At least from the back I could see what was going on. Not a lifestyle I was proud of, but I was never one to stand up and change things. So, much of it has stuck with me even today.

Nobody ever put my own teenage years into better words.

Even today, I don't know what it is, but it seems like my voice is annoying people, because every time I want to say something, there will always be someone to cut me off and start talking. So what do I do? I shut up and listen. Thing is, this also means I don't get to speak much. But that's ok, according to people, I'm such a gooooood listener....  ::)

Oh well. Go ahead, you can ignore this ;)