Author Topic: Networking socially  (Read 1189 times)

lovemunkey187

Networking socially
« on: January 12, 2008, 10:03:18 AM »
Who here has got a Facebook, My Space etc account?

I've got Facebook and My Space but tend not to bother with the My Space one.

Anyone want to be friends?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Networking socially
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »
I thought we are friends already ;D

But seriously, I never bothered with those "networks". Seems to be too much work to keep up with it (not with the friends, but with the networks), as the popular ones seem to shift every once in a while. I get invitations every once in a while but usually decline for the before-mentioned reasons.

Only one(s) I am "signed up" for are Yahoo!'s 360ยบ (as it practically comes as a sidekick to the Messenger) and Google's latest baby "orkut" (which happened by accident somehow). I am not seriously using either one.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 11:27:30 AM »
I am only at stayfriends.de and wer-kennt-wen.de (who knows who), two portals for former school students.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:46:39 PM »
I'm sort of on Facebook, but I hardly use it. I had to lock it down at work so people couldn't access it and I thought it only fair I actually knew what it was. Once I registered a couple of people found me, but I only login every other month!  :laugh:

lyonsden5

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 03:20:02 PM »
Last time I tried to sign up for one of those I couldn't...  :-[ don't remember which one it was and it's been a few years.

Something about a 40+ year old man joining a board with mostly high school kids was the reason they gave.  :hysterical:

I've stayed away from them ever since.  :bag:

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 03:48:06 PM »
I suppose that's the good thing about Facebook. Their methods help everyone to join without too much chance of abuse.