Author Topic: Vegetarians/ Vegans/ Video Games  (Read 6905 times)

snowcat

Re: Vegetarians/ Vegans
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 06:21:50 PM »
I love meat, I have vegetarian friends who are always telling me I shouldn't eat meat and stuff .... that annoys me so much! if they don't want to eat meat fine but don't tell me what to eat!

I don't eat fish, but the only reason for that is I have never ever tried a fish (or shellfish) that I like the taste of... Ive tried to like Tuna so many times...I just don't.

hal9g

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 06:29:14 PM »
I eat whatever is put in front of me!   :whistle:

RossRoy

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 06:35:07 PM »

Now there's a philosophy I like! :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »
I love meat, I have vegetarian friends who are always telling me I shouldn't eat meat and stuff .... that annoys me so much! if they don't want to eat meat fine but don't tell me what to eat!

Agreed... there is nothing I hate more!

I don't eat fish, but the only reason for that is I have never ever tried a fish (or shellfish) that I like the taste of... Ive tried to like Tuna so many times...I just don't.

I am the same way. I don't eat anything like that. Matter of fact yesterday my family had shrimp for dinner... I fried myself a couple of cheeseburgers.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »

I wish I could be like that... but there is just some things I can't stand.,,,

- Any and all seafood
- Onions
- Peppers
- Asparagus

Just off the top of my head.   :yucky:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 06:39:59 PM »
Definitely meat for me! Though I don't like steak too rare, or as my Dad would have said, "A good vet would have that walking again"! ;)

My Mum is a sort of veggie. She happily prepares and cooks meat, but her only reason for not eating is she doesn't like the texture. So she'll eat fish, ham and bacon, but nothing else like that.

I wish I could be like that... but there is just some things I can't stand.,,,

- Any and all seafood
- Onions
- Peppers
- Asparagus

Just off the top of my head.   :yucky:

I'll have a go at anything, but I can't bear brussel sprouts. I don't like raw onion either. Anything else, give me a shovel, I'll have a crack! :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »
(tofu does gross me out though.. I may just have never ate it prepared well though)
If under tofu you understand that white, wobbly stuff you get in the cooling shelf at the supermarket, then you might just not have had the right stuff yet. For starters, there is many kinds of tofu, some have a different name as well, but are basically made of the same stuff. Tofu can be deep fried as well and that is usually the variation I like the best (with the right spices added it actually has a taste :laugh:).

I didn't eat everything when I was young and since I live in Taiwan I am sure as hell not going to start. You should see what they have on the night markets! :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 07:04:39 PM »
i don't eat many things but i'm not a veggie.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

hal9g

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 07:27:49 PM »
I didn't eat everything when I was young and since I live in Taiwan I am sure as hell not going to start. You should see what they have on the night markets! :laugh:

Yes, I saw some pictures going around the internet prior to the Olympics.  I have to admit, I saw quite a few things that I wouldn't eat!   :o

I guess I'll just have to be careful that no one puts that kind o stuff in front of me!   :yucky:

Najemikon

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 07:30:36 PM »
Vegetarians are in denial though. No one can refuse bacon! :drooling:

Alien Redrum

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 07:39:28 PM »
Definite meat eater here. Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good. Lamb, steak, deer. Good lord, I love it all.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 08:14:06 PM »
I eat meat.  I don't eat tons of it, but I do like it. 
I do like some fish, though I can't remember which type I don't like.   :laugh:

I like all sorts of fruits and veggies.  I've always liked brussell sprouts.  My grandma had a big garden and I sort of remember her growing those.  When I was little I called them baby cabbages.   :laugh:  I like asparagus too, but I don't have it that often because of the price.

One veggie I hate is lima beans. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
Lima Beans... That is one of Brittany's favorites.
Pete

kahless

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 08:59:36 PM »
Lima Beans... That is one of Brittany's favorites.

Beans - hmmmm - that reminds me that my wife makes an excellent chili...  :heat:  ;D

snowcat

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 10:49:49 PM »
...Hmm, besides fish I think the only thing I don't like are

beans and peas I have to swallow whole.... I don't like the popping sound they make (I know that sounds weird)
Rare steak I agree Jon... Its kinda gross... but then I like well done meat... I like the burnt taste :p

...I admit though, I like to know what kind of meat something is before I eat it.. I dont like "mystery curry"