Poll

Should I Add a Screen Cap Section to My Movie Reviews?

Yes
9 (75%)
No
1 (8.3%)
Don't Care
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Screen Caps  (Read 6704 times)

Critter

Re: Screen Caps
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 04:04:21 PM »
I think that might be the issue I have. I like my monitor but for space reasons I could not get a widescreen one (it really has to fit into a tightish space on my desk).

RossRoy

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »
My monitor is a 1680x1050 and I see 4 images per row.

Pete: Looks good with cast!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 04:20:31 PM »
Yeah... the last 2 settings on my system shows 3 images per row. I have nothing that shows 4. But both those settings are way too hard on my poor eyes.

And yeah... I think I will be keeping the cast on there. It takes up enough room to make it look much better I think.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 05:40:18 PM »
I added the Screen Cap section to my Horror/Halloween Marathon code. There is still some things I am not completely satisfied with the below code. So if there is something you see you would change please feel free to mention it.

Today's Themes:
Movie Theme:
Comedy Horror
TV Ep. Theme:
Tales from the Crypt

Count:
Movie Count: 1
TV Ep. Count: 0
Other Count: 0
Time Started: 12am

Title: Cemetery Man
Year: 1993
Director: Michele Soavi
Rating: NR
Length: 103 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.66:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
Rupert Everett
Francois Hadji-Lazaro
Anna Falchi
Mickey Knox
Fabiana Formica
Clive Riche

Plot:
Rupert Everett (MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING) stars as Francesco Dellamorte, a cemetery watchman whose job it is to slaughter the living dead when they rise hungry from their graves. But following a tragic tryst with a lusty young widow (stunning Anna Falchi in one of three sexy roles), Francisco begins to ponder the mysteries of existence. Is there long-term satisfaction in blasting the skulls of 'returners'? Will his imbecile assistant find happiness with the partial girl-corpse of his dreams? And if death is the ultimate act of love, can a psychotic killing spree send Dellamorte to the brink of enlightenment?

Italian horror master Michele Soavi (STAGE FRIGHT) directed this brilliantly bloody black comedy — also known as DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE — that Gore Score calls "a deliciously demented, delightfully surreal stew of sex, death, splatter, male-bonding, barfing, zombies and nothing less than the Ultimate Meaning of Life!"

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Production Notes
Closed Captioned
8-page Collectors' Book

My Thoughts:
Once again.... just a test to see how this will look. I am just using a generic picture to just give an idea how it will all look and line up with the images.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Hmmmmm... if there is anything here I am not happy with it is the Today's Theme and the Count section above the review. I know for sure I definitely want that info in each review for this marathon. But there may be a better way to format it so that it fits in with the rest of the review coding. Any thoughts on it?
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 05:48:20 PM »
I would put the counts at the bottom, below the screencaps. I'd also move the tech data next to the image (like for the little rascals one)

Today's Themes:
Movie Theme:
Comedy Horror
TV Ep. Theme:
Tales from the Crypt

Stars:
Rupert Everett
Francois Hadji-Lazaro
Anna Falchi
Mickey Knox
Fabiana Formica
Clive Riche

Plot:
Rupert Everett (MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING) stars as Francesco Dellamorte, a cemetery watchman whose job it is to slaughter the living dead when they rise hungry from their graves. But following a tragic tryst with a lusty young widow (stunning Anna Falchi in one of three sexy roles), Francisco begins to ponder the mysteries of existence. Is there long-term satisfaction in blasting the skulls of 'returners'? Will his imbecile assistant find happiness with the partial girl-corpse of his dreams? And if death is the ultimate act of love, can a psychotic killing spree send Dellamorte to the brink of enlightenment?

Italian horror master Michele Soavi (STAGE FRIGHT) directed this brilliantly bloody black comedy — also known as DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE — that Gore Score calls "a deliciously demented, delightfully surreal stew of sex, death, splatter, male-bonding, barfing, zombies and nothing less than the Ultimate Meaning of Life!"

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Production Notes
Closed Captioned
8-page Collectors' Book

My Thoughts:
Once again.... just a test to see how this will look. I am just using a generic picture to just give an idea how it will all look and line up with the images.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Count:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:57:30 PM by RossRoy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 06:02:15 PM »
This is weird... I am trying to change it and for some reason I am loosing the Today's Theme info in the output of the coding. Not sure why.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 06:11:22 PM »
Never Mind... I had a bit of a brain fart there. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »
TESTING MY CODE....

Today's Themes:
Movie Theme:
Comedy Horror
TV Ep. Theme: Tales from the Crypt

Stars:
Rupert Everett
Francois Hadji-Lazaro
Anna Falchi
Mickey Knox
Fabiana Formica
Clive Riche

Plot:

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Production Notes
Closed Captioned
8-page Collectors' Book

My Thoughts:
Once again.... just a test to see how this will look. I am just using a generic picture to just give an idea how it will all look and line up with the images. And what do I think of the count at bottom? Hmmmm... not bad. It does seem to make it less busy towards the top.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Count:

Thinking I am liking it a bit better. Thanks!  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:19:30 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 01:27:49 AM »
What do you think of this Idea I am considering for my reviews...

Screen Caps
Click Image to see Full Size

Note that I used images from the zoo trip as it is all I had uploaded in a large size. And I only did four images to give you an idea. I will still do 8 for the reviews.

Thoughts?
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 01:28:47 AM »
Looks ok to me.

RossRoy

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 03:13:24 AM »
I always like being able to click for bigger sizes.. but I also know it's a lot of work.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 03:56:53 AM »
Actually it all evens out. This way I won't have to shrink them... just convert them from bitmap to jpeg (for size) and upload them. I upload to flickr. And right there at Flickr  I can choose to show a smaller size of the image... and link to the larger size. The main extra work is really just adding the link.

I think I will try to find a piece of free software that will let me batch convert from bitmap to jpeg. That would also save me from having to do the images individually.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 04:07:09 AM »
Wow! And that fast I just found myself a good quick and free easy batch converter!  :thumbup:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 04:09:06 AM »
I think I will try to find a piece of free software that will let me batch convert from bitmap to jpeg. That would also save me from having to do the images individually.

Can't you just change a setting in whatever program you are using to take the screenshots to make it save them as JPEG?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 04:36:13 AM »
I searched for that setting for a long time... but nope it just don't seem to be there. I am using an old version of PowerDVD to take the vidcaps. And really don't want to purchase a newer version. I have..

PowerDVD 6.0 and I at least haven't found a setting for any other format.
Pete