Poll

Should I Add a Screen Cap Section to My Movie Reviews?

Yes
9 (75%)
No
1 (8.3%)
Don't Care
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Screen Caps  (Read 6703 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Screen Caps
« on: July 14, 2010, 01:46:23 PM »
As I imagine most of you have seen... I started adding screen caps to my TV Episode Review threads. I have done this so far with my Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Wonder Woman threads. You can check the links and see what I mean... just picture my movie review... and then at the bottom of the review have a screen cap section like the above episode reviews.

Don't worry... for these reviews I would do my very best to keep them spoiler free... and would keep the nudity out if that is preferred. Though I can't make that promise for gore when I can watch horror again. Though I would do my best to make it not too gory! :P

I seem to be going through a phase where I am actually having fun getting screen caps here lately so thought if it is at least not minded I would start to do the same with movies. And then who knows... maybe I can find some free software (I used to have something years ago) where I can start to create stuff like slideshow screensavers, desktop wallpaper and such from the movies and shows I screen cap from.

This would also be something that I would do for only this site. I wouldn't add the images (other then cover) to the other places I post to (such as Invelos and mailing lists I am on).

The hardest thing about this for me would be picking the 6 to 8 images I use in the review.  :P

So... any thoughts on the matter?
Pete

RossRoy

Re: Screen Caps
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »
Go for it - I always like seeing screenshots of movies - spoiler free!!  :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 02:51:39 PM »
of course Spoiler Free! At least not spoil the main plot anyway! :P I would think any pictures would be spoilers for at least that part of the movie. :P
Pete

kahless

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 03:08:34 PM »
Yes, that would be really nice!  :thumbup:

Critter

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 03:13:38 PM »
I think it sounds good, I love seeing screen caps in reviews. I'm not sure if I quite have the patience to do it myself, but I love seeing it nontheless.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 03:14:22 PM »
Go for it - I always like seeing screenshots of movies - spoiler free!!  :P

At least for the ones that has it on the disc... I would probably just take the screen caps from the trailer to be sure of it. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 11:39:43 PM »
Well it seems most people either want the screen caps or don't care either way. So if I do this...

How Should Images like...

This:

(click to show/hide)

And This:

(click to show/hide)

Be handled on this site.

1. Only in Spoiler Tags
2. Fine in the open (no spoiler tag)
3. This is a family site... keep it clean

Note that I am fine with any option.

BTW... can anyone here name that movie? :P
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:19:25 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 11:54:44 PM »
3. This is a family site... keep it clean

As much as I love looking at beautiful naked women, I don't think it has a place on the forum.

Put it this way Pete, what if someone wants to post a screencap of male genitalia? Would you want Brittany looking at that? :hmmmm:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 12:00:39 AM »
I know what you mean. And I am fine with that. That is why I wanted to ask first. I think what I will do is make it so that even though some of the pictures may be on the sexy side... no real nudity will show. Maybe make something like...

THIS:

(click to show/hide)

be the absolute worst type to show.
Pete

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 12:02:08 AM »
That looks fine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 01:59:37 AM »
Testing out new review code...

Title: The Proposal
Year: 2009
Director: Anne Fletcher
Rating: PG-13
Length: 108 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Sandra Bullock
Ryan Reynolds
Mary Steenburgen
Craig T. Nelson
Betty White
Denis O'Hare

Plot:
Sandra Bullock is at her funniest in the fresh, laugh-out-loud romantic comedy The Proposal. On the verge of being deported and losing the high-powered job she lives for, the controlling Margaret announces she's engaged to her unsuspecting, put-upon assistant Andrew (Ryan Reynolds). After proposing a few demands of his own, the mismatched couple heads to Alaska where they have four short days to convince his quirky family and a very skeptical immigration agent that their charade is real. Featuring a star-studded supporting cast, including Mary Steenburgen, Craig T. Nelson and the delightfully inappropriate Betty White, this madcap comedy will have you saying "yes" to The Proposal again and again.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is Just a Test to see how this will look. Is there anything I should change? Is 8 images too much? Should I put it down to six images like I have it in the other threads? Thoughts on the matter?? Note that the screen caps used here was ones I found on the web... not necessarily ones I would use in the review.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Pete

Critter

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 03:12:07 AM »
I like it  :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 04:39:07 AM »
Looks nice.

I've never tried to do screencaps

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 06:38:49 AM »
A Sandra Bullock film gets a 1 out of 5 from you...? I quite liked The Proposal.

Critter

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 06:58:13 AM »
A Sandra Bullock film gets a 1 out of 5 from you...? I quite liked The Proposal.

I think it's just the default code, not an actual rating. You'll see there's no actual review in there.