Author Topic: Last Standing  (Read 50247 times)

lovemunkey187

Re: Last Standing
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2010, 07:50:15 AM »
A question finally gets posted that I know the answer to and I'm deed. typical.

Halo2

« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2010, 07:53:48 AM »
Wow, Marie, Emma and Halo2 seem clearly to be the Masters of Trivia on this forum...

He'll start hitting a string of movies I don't have or have never seen. I tend to remember the oddest bits of trivia. But on the other hand, even though I watched all of the Star Trek franchise, and love most of it, I do terrible at trivia about it.

Don't let Antares know, don't want a whole string of ST questions.

;)

snowcat

« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2010, 10:20:28 AM »
Wow, Marie, Emma and Halo2 seem clearly to be the Masters of Trivia on this forum...

I have guessed at a couple.

A while back when I should have been studying of my A levels (Which I subsequently did pretty bad in, but that was actually a good thing and this is another story) I used to buy film trivia books and just read them.

Im really bad at remembering things like pictures and stuff but names and little facts are really easy for me...  :tease: I think you can see how much I like film trivia from some of my reviews.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2010, 01:08:54 PM »
I remember very little from movies as my usual lousy showing demonstrates. The only reason I haven't joined the other dead members is because I knew the answers based on nothing to do with DVD or movie watching. Two of them I got because I remembered things I've read and the last one I visited the town so that was easy.

Najemikon

« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2010, 01:27:58 PM »
That's not necessarily true, Kathy, you can only answer what you know. And this run of questions started with an Adam Sandler film and managed to include a modern Eddie Murphy effort! One sci-fi, no Noir and Bruce Lee clearly wasn't invited! I was way out of my comfort zone. As Roger pointed out, no Western questions, so he was done for. I remember a lot of old film trivia, but I'd never heard of that fact about Wizard of Oz, probably because I've never watched it properly (it is a musical after all).  :bag:

lyonsden5

« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »
Well I've gotten pretty lucky with the movie choices and this one's no different.  :dance:

Another movie I watch about every other year and one of those I can just about quote the whole thing  :bag:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2010, 05:10:32 PM »
Rick, Jon and Halo2 are correct

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2010, 05:15:57 PM »
Still awaiting responses for round 9 from Achim and Critter

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2010, 05:21:33 PM »
Ooh! I just came up with a really tough question for Round 10.  :voodoo: :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :devil:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »
Ooh! I just came up with a really tough question for Round 10.  :voodoo: :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :devil:

Oh dear, bring out the shovels...I'll be getting my headstone soon.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2010, 10:08:16 PM »

Hey now...no need to get nasty with us.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #266 on: July 10, 2010, 11:27:47 PM »
i would have sucked incredibly at this game. i only knew skynet and the bill murray town.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2010, 12:12:02 AM »
The answer to Round 9 was Punxatawney.

Only 1 person got it wrong.

Achim and Critter did not submit an answer.

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2010, 12:14:46 AM »
You must have had some interesting spellings of that.  :laugh:  I think I spelled it Puxataughnee.  :-[

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2010, 12:22:13 AM »
Round 10

ATTENTION: This round is going to have a bonus question attached. Answer both questions correctly and you receive 1 smiley back. Get only 1 right and you survive the round.

In Alan Parker's The Commitments, a group of Dublin twentysomethings start a Soul/R&B band. The only member of the group who is not of this age, is the trumpet player, Joey Fagan.

First question: What is Joey's nickname?

Second question: During a practice session with the band's saxophone player, Joey explains that the sax player needs to imagine his mouthpiece is the nipple of a woman's breast. He then tells him that his mouthpiece was always the nipple of a famous 50's & 60's actress. What is the name of this actress?

Remember, you must PM your answer to me no later than 6PM tomorrow.

If you fail to submit an answer, it's the same as getting it wrong, and you lose a smiley.

So, if worse comes to worse, take a guess.