Author Topic: Coffee ... and stuff  (Read 4255 times)

Najemikon

Coffee ... and stuff
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 02:53:32 PM »
[...]
But I'm also not a big fan of all these other coffee variations (like Latte Macchiato) or that undrinkable stuff Starbucks sells.

Same here! I like my coffee just simple black and sweet. We don't drink so much coffee in our family, so mostly we use a pad machine. This way we get our coffee fresh, fast and simple - and we like it!  ;)

:redcard:

You had an opportunity to quote Airplane! and you missed it... ::)

:tease:

Critter

Coffee ... and stuff
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 03:37:34 PM »
The funny thing is, I don't even drink real milk, I drink soy milk. And I don't even like soy milk that much, although soy milk does make an awesome smoothie.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Coffee ... and stuff
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 03:40:30 PM »
I get my calcium and vitamin d from a pill and the sun. 

You should try sardines, they are a very good source of calcium, not to mention omega 3's.

snowcat

Coffee ... and stuff
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 06:49:12 PM »
.... I suggest you guys make a Coffee topic  :P

kahless

Coffee ... and stuff
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 06:54:46 PM »
.... I suggest you guys make a Coffee topic  :P

Maybe - next one is supposed to be a beer topic! :cheers:  ;D

Critter

Re: Coffee ... and stuff
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 01:12:30 AM »
I only just realised that this had been turned into a topic of it's own  :stars:. Neat.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 01:31:30 AM »
I'm brewing some fresh green tea and am going to sit and watch one of my new DVDs.  :tv:

venomsinner

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 09:41:54 PM »
I had a kidney stone a few months ago and they suspected originally that it was to do with caffine intake... well, originally they thought it was something else completley due to the area of pain and almost scared me to death... However, I still don't know what caused it :S

snowcat

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »
I had a kidney stone a few months ago and they suspected originally that it was to do with caffine intake... well, originally they thought it was something else completley due to the area of pain and almost scared me to death... However, I still don't know what caused it :S
:redcard: You scared me to death to!

How is Benjamin?... (He named his Kidney stone)

venomsinner

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 09:44:32 PM »
Still safe in his jar.

Najemikon

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2010, 11:29:38 PM »
Kidney stones are nasty. My old boss was taken into hospital with a suspected heart attack and that turned out to be a stone. Apparently the symptoms and pain are so alike you can only tell by doing a blood test! (Iron goes up during a heart attack).

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2010, 11:36:40 PM »
My step dad had one before he and my mom got married.  He said the doctor told him it was because he drank too much milk. 
He had another one a few years ago.

snowcat

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 11:39:05 PM »
...At the risk of embarrassing James... in fact no.... that's what I live for  :tease:

the pain he had was in the groin area and they suspected cancer until they did the blood test, they told him it was caffeine/dehydration so Ive banned him from drinking coffee  :laugh: he is not happy about this.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 12:02:36 AM »

I've had kidney stones and most of the time it actually is caused by lack of adequate hydration of your body, plus eating certain foods.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 12:04:53 AM »
Kidney stones are nasty. My old boss was taken into hospital with a suspected heart attack and that turned out to be a stone. Apparently the symptoms and pain are so alike you can only tell by doing a blood test! (Iron goes up during a heart attack).

The first time I had one, my wife took me to one of those walk-in clinics we have over here. I was in so much pain the nurse had to tie my left arm to the side of my body, because I was punching the wall and and denting it.