Author Topic: E3 2010 (Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010)  (Read 3423 times)

Critter

Re: E3 2010 (Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010)
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 02:03:40 AM »
Thanks Achim, that will hopefully make my search easier, I am very intrigued by Portal.

Have you played any of the other games? I'm apprehensive about buying four games when I am only interested in one. I just found it at one of the Game shops in my town on their website for $22 though which seems to be a very good deal.

I've already teased Achim; now I have to start on you?  :tease:

Half-Life: was my favourite game and I once considered it the pinnacle of video games.
Half-Life 2: my favourite game and I consider it the pinnacle of video games. :P
Half-Life 2, Episode 1: It's an extra chapter for the greatest game ever made. And it has Alyx in it. :drooling: And she has a "Dog".
Half-Life 2, Episode 2: erm... duh? Another chapter for the greatest game ever made, and Alyx is still in it and she still has her "Dog". :whistle:
Portal: Almost experimental and largely puzzle based, but fiendishly clever and features my favourite villain in GLADOS. "Would you like some cake"  ;) Worth playing just for the theme...

Team Fortress 2 I've never bothered with, but just those few above make Valve the Pixar of the game world for me... :thumbup:

Thanks Jon, I will try and track down this Orange Box at some point. It seems like a good deal.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2010 (Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010)
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 03:56:25 AM »
Have you played any of the other games? I'm apprehensive about buying four games when I am only interested in one. I just found it at one of the Game shops in my town on their website for $22 though which seems to be a very good deal.
I have started Half-Life 2 and Jon has been pushing me to get back to it a.s.a.p. Hence my answer would have been to wait for his response. ;)

Portal: Almost experimental and largely puzzle based, but fiendishly clever and features my favourite villain in GLADOS. "Would you like some cake"  ;) Worth playing just for the theme...
IGN determined GlaDOS to be the #1  of the Top 100 Video game villains.