Author Topic: Is it Almost That Time Again?  (Read 22795 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Almost That Time Again?
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2010, 11:03:25 PM »
So Brittany doesn't like her father at horror rehab :laugh:
8 days to go, so watch all your Sandra Bullock movies in this week and you will be almost normal.

Can you believe I almost did my marathon thread yesterday?

I think I will concentrate mostly on TV Series now. And no... it wasn't Britt... but one of my brothers.

I am going to make up my thread soon (within the next couple days) so I can see how I want it designed and such. But until then I may put up a pre-horrorthon discussion thread so that we can get everyone together see who all will be participating and such.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2010, 11:13:35 PM »
I'll create mine after yours and it will be the time for you to get your revenge for some awfull "movies" I made you watch. I will let you select 3 movies of your choice (not The Sorority or Lizzy Borden :devil:) in my collection that I will have no choice to watch in the marathon.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:16:01 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2010, 11:18:01 PM »
 :devil:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2010, 01:08:13 PM »
Getting close now! A week from today is the start of the big Horror Marathon!  :yahoo:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2010, 04:12:41 PM »
I just remembered... tonight is the season premiere of Supernatural. Another show I will have recorded that I can't watch for another week. Hopefully this season will be as good as last season.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »
Would Supernatural be classified as horror?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »
I take it you never seen an episode! :P

Absolutely! they fight everything from ghosts to demons to vampires.... last season they took on the Devil.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2010, 10:40:43 AM »
I was in Sam's Club today...I almost got this set of 50 movies...one I almost got last year.  I still may order it from Amazon.  I just haven't decided yet.  I was thinking someone here...Pete or Jimmy maybe...had the set, or I might be thinking of a different one.

http://www.amazon.com/Horror-Classics-Movie-Pack-Collection/dp/B0001HAGTM/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I38KQJPVGTRWTA&colid=3S6CYLP5D0IFT

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 25, 2010, 11:38:14 AM »
I started to get that set at one time... but decided that I had too many of the listed titles already to really make it worth it.

But I definitely think it is worth it... 50 movies for only $12.99.... like someone told me when I bought that 100 movie set cheap like that... if there is even 1 movie in the set I like then it was worth the money I paid. And I see more then one in that set of 50 I personally like...

- Night of the Living Dead
- Nosferatu
- The Bat
- The Last Man on Earth
- Dementia 13
- Carnival of Souls
- The Terror

There is 7 titles there alone I liked... so I would say it is worth the price. Just don't go into it expecting very good Audio/Video quality. They would definitely be watchable... but far from great.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
Pete, since you abstain from horror for awhile before the horror marathon starts, I wonder how you will begin now that you'll be able to watch them.  Will you go for a personal favorite movie...or will it be for quantity as in "I'm watching 10 of those horror suckers today!".  :laugh:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2010, 03:55:16 PM »
Pete, since you abstain from horror for awhile before the horror marathon starts, I wonder how you will begin now that you'll be able to watch them.  Will you go for a personal favorite movie...or will it be for quantity as in "I'm watching 10 of those horror suckers today!".  :laugh:

:laugh:

Only 10?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2010, 03:56:26 PM »
I think I will be going some of my new stuff that I never seen... like The Wolf Man (2010), Saw VI, Village of the Damned (original)... and so on.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2010, 03:57:29 PM »

:laugh:

Only 10?

I seriously doubt I will get 10 in on that first day... but if I do like I have done the last couple years... get up to watch one at the stroke of Midnight.... I may get 10 in! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2010, 08:49:36 PM »
I just counted the days. The last horror I watched was June 20th. As of today I am 97 days horror free!  :stars: :surrender:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2010, 09:52:44 PM »
I know that the reviews that pop up when I first log in are random. But, for some reason Pete's horror reviews seem to be the only ones popping up the last few days. I think even the computer misses your horror posts Pete! :bat: