Author Topic: Cinema Etiquette  (Read 5321 times)

kahless

Re: Cinema Etiquette
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 10:09:37 PM »
Oh yeah. The Magician was Windows Mobile, so it started life disabled anyway!

Well said!!  :thumbup:

RossRoy

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 11:41:28 PM »
I almost got myself a HTC Hero the other day.. but when it came time to choose my data plan I choked and changed my mind. No way I'm giving that much money for a damn phone.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 11:51:50 PM »
I don't have one of those fancy phones.  I can't even remember what they are called now...umm..smart phone?  Whatever.  I don't have one.

I do have a cell phone, but I don't use it that much.  I have sent a few texts to one friend, but that has been like..oh 6 in the year and a half I've had the phone.  I do make a few calls with it, but the thing isn't attached to my ear..and I don't have one of the blue tooth headsets either.  I don't use it when I drive.  I don't use it in the movie theater.  Sometimes I will quickly check the time on it, while it is still inside my purse.

Critter

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 12:44:49 AM »
I have a mobile and I use it a bit, but not nearly as much as some people I know. I will use it for calls a few times a week, and for texts maybe a couple of times a day. I know some of the "thousands a month" texting people. ::)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 02:52:03 AM »
I work with a few people who have their phone almost constantly in their hands.  The one woman is not only texting, but going online with hers. 

karmesinrot

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 02:57:55 AM »
Arggh  I hate when people use their mobiles when watching a film! It's sooo distracting. I have on occasion been to see a film where people have actually taken calls on their mobiles too - that is the worst!!!

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 03:05:24 AM »
Just the idea that anybody can reach me every seconds of my life on a phone "frighten" me.

I completely agree. Requesting my immediate attention regardless of what I'm doing is just rude. I don't have a cell phone for exactly that reason and my home phone is set to go straight to voicemail.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:08:16 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

Critter

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 03:06:26 AM »
Arggh  I hate when people use their mobiles when watching a film! It's sooo distracting. I have on occasion been to see a film where people have actually taken calls on their mobiles too - that is the worst!!!

I'm lucky to have never had that so far. I have eard people answers phones sometimes and quickly whisper 'I can't talk I'm in a movie' then hangup. I don't mind if they do that (even though it should be off to begin with). Anyone who actually has a conversation on their phone during a film should never be allowed in a cinema again.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 03:14:49 AM »

I'm lucky to have never had that so far. I have eard people answers phones sometimes and quickly whisper 'I can't talk I'm in a movie' then hangup. I don't mind if they do that (even though it should be off to begin with). Anyone who actually has a conversation on their phone during a film should never be allowed in a cinema again.

I still remember what has to the worst example of this when I went to see Superman Returns.  It was the second day the movie was out.  Late in the movie, this guy gets a call on his phone and just sits there talking to whoever called him.  He did say I'm in the movie..then he kept talking about other stuff and started going into where he was going to stop and eat after the movie.  He was talking louder too so the person on the other end could hear him over the movie.  Someone else finally yelled at him..I can't remember exactly what he said now, but it was along the lines of put the damn phone away and shut up.

snowcat

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 03:58:32 PM »
I use my phone alot, its how I keep in contact with friends who are out of town as well as clients and actors i need for films.... I admit that I don't turn my phone off during a film I do put it on silent however and don't use it in the cinema...

Anyone who has owned a Blackberry will understand why i don't turn it off properly, it takes 7 minutes to reboot and well.... im not good at waiting.