Author Topic: Does anyone have a Wii?  (Read 2195 times)

Critter

Does anyone have a Wii?
« on: June 07, 2010, 01:55:21 AM »
I was wondering if anyone here could help me with my Wii issues.

My Wii is being very frustrating lately as the batteries are low in the remote. The first time this happened, I went out, bought new batteries and put them in. I then synced the remote and when it came back on it only had two out of the 5 or so lights of power on the remote... despite the fact that they were brand new batteries.

Just recently the Wii remote has told me it is out of battery again, even though it has been no time at all. So I buy some fresh new batteries straight from the store, put them in the remote, sync it and what happens? It says it is out of battery again straight away! All I wanted to do was weigh myself on the bloody Wii fit, but it kept saying it had to restart it's system becuase the batteries in the remote were too low, despite the fact that I just replaced them with brand new ones.

I also have a second Wii remote which, despite having new batteries in it just doesn't even turn on it all (it did once when I first bought it, and hasn't worked since)

As you can tell this whole thing is annoying me quite a bit, becuase of it I can't even use my Wii at the moment. I have a feeling I may be doing something wrong but if I am I have no idea what it is. Any help would be very much appreciated here.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Does anyone have a Wii?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:02:12 AM »
I have one, but I haven't had it that long.  Unfortunately I have no idea what could be causing your issue or what to suggest to help.

Critter

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 02:43:52 AM »
Thanks anyway Marie. To top things off my PS3 has decided to not pick up the WEP today, which means I can't get on the network. Seems my consoles are just against me at the moment.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 02:53:39 AM »
The only thing I can think of is that something in the Wii that recognizes the remotes isn't working right.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 03:38:24 AM »
Make sure where the remote sensor is on your Wii isn't smudged with some kind of foreign substance.

Critter

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 04:33:25 AM »
Okay so I checked the sensor on the remote. It looked pretty clean but I cleaned it again anyway, I also made sure the sensor bar on top of the TV was nice and dust free. I then tried to sync the remote again... still no go. I then took out the brand new batteries that I just put in thismorning, and put in two more straight from the packet new ones. I then synced the remote and tried to use it. It worked but it is still telling me it is on it's lowest battery level and about to run out. I then swore at it quite a bit and would you imagine... even that didn't work.

Halo2

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 06:11:43 AM »
If somebody else has a Wii and will let you borrow the remote, try it on your system. Also, try your remote on theirs. If it turns out that the batteries were all bad, the store you got them from may have a bad batch, stored them improperly.

You can also try swapping batteries between remotes.

May be a bad remote or bad Wii. The remote may have a short in it draining the batteries.

Critter

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 06:16:11 AM »
I tested the batteries on other things after they didn't work in the Wii, the batteries all worked fine in the other gadets I tested them in which means it must be a Wii thing. That's a good idea of trying my remotes on a different Wii, now I just have to find another one.

snowcat

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 09:12:20 AM »
If you have two non-working remote... how do you store them?

if you try them on another wii and they work try other remote on your wii...

are you pressing both sync buttons? (on the wii and remote) my friend was having a problem with hers and we worked out she was only pressing the one ¬.¬

...if that doesn't work, get a new wii.

Critter

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
I have one non working remote, and one that works, but just barely.

How do I store them? I just sit them on the couch I suppose.

I press both sync buttons everytime I use it.

I don't have money for a new Wii.

And so far I haven't found another person with a Wii to try my remotes with, although I am still on the lookout.

snowcat

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
Does anyone else use the wii? wii remote are very fragile.... mine fell of the book case and hasn't worked since.

Critter

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 09:23:06 AM »
My sister has used it once or twice but that's about it. She doesn't even live here so I am pretty much the only person who uses it.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »
Does anyone else use the wii? wii remote are very fragile.... mine fell of the book case and hasn't worked since.
They wouldn't had last very long with me when I was young if they are fragile like this... I can't remember how many times I thrown my NES or SNES joystick on the wall while playing, but it was often and they never stop working :laugh:

snowcat

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 10:15:55 AM »
They wouldn't had last very long with me when I was young if they are fragile like this... I can't remember how many times I thrown my NES or SNES joystick on the wall while playing, but it was often and they never stop working :laugh:

Jimmy, I did the same with my Mega Drive (Genesis) controller and it still works to this day!

Critter

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 10:49:16 AM »
I never threw my consoles... I was a biter. My old Gameboy colour has a fair few teeth marks at the top. Must have been from all those Pokemon battles I lost.

I am happy to say that I am no longer a biter  ;D