Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 3679 times)

Halo2

Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 05:39:28 AM »
Ah Rats... I forgot about the new year!  ;)

Happy New Year to our Chinese friends!

:D  Good one Sebastien, you know that will go right over the heads of most of us here in America. Unless we have friends or relitives that celebrate the Chinees New Year, very few of us know what this is the year of, what year of we were born in or what order they fall in. I was born in the year of the Tiger.

Happy New Year Achim, may it bring you much prosperity and new DVDs!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 01:01:40 PM »
Well, thanks guys! :-[

I am enjoying a week off from work, thanks to the holidays. Kicking back, watching loads of DVDs and having an overall good time. It's quite cold though. 12ºC could normally not be a problem really, but due to the lack of heating systems here it's not only 12º outside but also inside my apartment  :'(

...and Sebastien, you actually knew or lucky guess that it's now the year of the Rat? :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »
It's quite cold though. 12ºC

I find 12ºC to be quite comfortable actually. :hmmmm:  Of course, when compared to -7.9ºC as it is currently here  ;)

...and Sebastien, you actually knew or lucky guess that it's now the year of the Rat? :laugh:

I knew that it is the year of the Rat, but I can't remember from where though.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 04:07:49 PM »
Happy New Year from me too! :thundergod:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 07:46:36 AM »
Thanks to you too, Kathy!

The good news that just came to my mind is is, that I don't have to go to work on Monday but only on Tuesday :devil:

It's quite cold though. 12ºC

I find 12ºC to be quite comfortable actually. :hmmmm:  Of course, when compared to -7.9ºC as it is currently here  ;)
Well, yeah., normally 12º are quite o.k.. Actually, I normally don't mind -7.9 either, IF I have heating in my apartment!

Today I woke up yo 9º in my apartment... The little heating device I have to cut off the edge usually doesn't do much anymore at this point :(

RossRoy

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2008, 04:04:36 PM »
Today I woke up yo 9º in my apartment... The little heating device I have to cut off the edge usually doesn't do much anymore at this point :(

9 degrees inside IS cold. But you must've slept very well, it's the getting up part that is hell!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 04:12:07 PM »
9 degrees inside IS cold. But you must've slept very well, it's the getting up part that is hell!
You got that entirely right. I was sleeping very well (thick blanket and all) and when my alarm woke me, I just couldn't get myself to pull back the blanket to get up! Slept another 4 hours instead, until I decided it was time to get up and watch a DVD :tv:

lyonsden5

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 04:37:50 PM »
Today I woke up yo 9º in my apartment...

:o

Najemikon

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 04:50:06 PM »
 :hysterical:

Sounds like my house. We didn't have central heating for a few years. I swore I was growing fur! You know you live in a cold house when getting out of bed isn't the problem... it's getting in again at night! :wacko:

Put your hand up if you've never had to use a hot water bottle!  ;)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 06:57:21 PM »
Sounds like my house. We didn't have central heating for a few years. I swore I was growing fur! You know you live in a cold house when getting out of bed isn't the problem... it's getting in again at night! :wacko:
:o You live in England! No central heating there so so much tougher... After all, this is Taiwan and admittedly, this is only the second winter in 11 years where it's so cold for a longer period of time, so that also the inside cools down.

Rick, thanks for that smiley :) Where you live you usually have not to worry about these things; only about those strong winds occasionally dropping by...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 06:59:20 PM »

Put your hand up if you've never had to use a hot water bottle!  ;)
For me it's the other way around. Getting into a cold bed is a bit discomforting but it will get warmer soon.

But getting out of a warm bed into the cold air  :badidea:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 07:34:40 PM »
I suppose you're right. And doubly so if you can persuade Kate Beckinsale to already be there warming it up...  :devil:

lyonsden5

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 11:26:30 PM »
Rick, thanks for that smiley :) Where you live you usually have not to worry about these things; only about those strong winds occasionally dropping by...

Definitely don't have to worry about that, although it would be nice to have some cool weather. The past week it's been hovering just above and below 80ºF (26.666º C). I think there were about 10 days is all this winter where we didn't have to turn the AC on for at least part of the time.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2008, 03:41:15 AM »
26º doesn't sound so bad; but I suppose it's rather humid? Taiwan is really humid, so I know that those temperatures can get uncomfortable rather quickly.

Weird thing here is, it is humid pretty much all year round. Therefore I always need to run the car's AC as otherwise the windshield will fog up. :wacko: