Author Topic: Sometimes Walmart is good  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Sometimes Walmart is good
« on: December 31, 2007, 06:02:02 AM »
I was probably on a lucky day today, but I have got a great price reduction on a DVD at Walmart. So I go there this morning, I have some purchase to do, and like I couldn't go there and not buying some movies, I decide to buy something. So the sticker on it tell the price is 44.95$, a little bit costly but I didn't find anything interesting on the 5$ bin. When I go to paid at the cash register the cashier told me that my purchase amount 27$, I told her that it's certainly an error (I know it's stupid, but I'm too honest). She look and the scan price is only 17.95$ and she told me that she have to use this price.

No special publish anywhere and no different price near the DVD section. Certainly a programation error in the system, but a well appreciated error.

What can I say except  :yahoo:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes Walmart is good
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 06:20:43 AM »
Don't you just love it when they are forced to cheat on themselves... :hysterical:

Reminds me also a bit of the ice cream vendor in Switzlerland who couldn't handle conversion to the Deutsche Mark (obviously a long time ago) and gave my returned DM5.- to my friend who had given him DM2.- (my fiend wasn't honest enough at the time to point it out).

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 12:23:42 PM »
Well done, Jimmy, not just for the price, but for your honesty. You pointed it out and still got it cheap. That's some good karma.

You, Sir, are a better man than I! 1 Karma point awarded.

Amongst friends, I'm known for catching things like this. Haven't done it for a while, but I must admit, I never, ever point it out. :bag: It is worth remembering that I live in the UK, and the average shop assistant is a robotic jobsworth with the personality of a ferret. I bet they would go out of their way to put it right. That is a pathetic excuse, but it's all I've got!

Buefox75

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 04:11:08 PM »
So, what do you have against ferrets? I've met some ferrets I'd rather spend time with than some of the people I'm forced to endure... :devil:

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 06:09:52 PM »
I have nothing against ferrets, but ferrets should not be asking me "Can you confirm you are over 21?" when I am quite clearly well past!

Just to clarify, they have to ask everyone, including the elderly. One day they asked my 50-something mum. She said, "actually I'm only 16, but I've lead a tough life."  :laugh: The girl behind the counter literally didn't know what to do. Her little laminated card with bullet points on didn't cover this eventuality and she went into meltdown...  :slaphead:

So when these idiots make a mistake I can benefit from, I'm taking it! One day, they actually will be robots and mistakes will be far fewer. Make hay! Unless the person is intelligent and friendly, then I'll mention it... honest. :tease: