Author Topic: Movies about Birthdays?  (Read 7146 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Movies about Birthdays?
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 08:55:42 AM »
Now if only they didn't change the original covers to that horrible cover art  :tease:.

;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Critter

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 09:03:19 AM »
Haha Karsten, like I said I know they usually change the covers from country to country, I remember on my trip last year going to book stores in both France and Russia and seeing the different cover art for it there. Great fun.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 10:25:23 AM »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 12:55:08 PM »
Pete even me I own biblical movies :yellowcard:

Of course one of those is this one and the other is this one...

Hmmmmm... I do have Into Thy Hands... does that count?  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »
I haven't watched it yet and from what I've seen while doing its profile I sure don't want to. But a review would be appreciated, we never know maybe you will give it one star :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 01:04:51 PM »
 :laugh: I don't know about that... but possibly half a star! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »
Some more questions for you all... I am looking at what IMDB tagged with birthday for TV Show episodes. And these are ones I don't remember... so wondering if they are tagged wrong or if these are some I could add to my marathon...

- Firefly: Out of Gas
- Dexter: Season 1 - Return to Sender
- Twilight Zone: Season 2 - Long Distance Call
- Twilight Zone: Season 4 - The Incredible World of Horace Ford

Any help is appreciated :)
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38:29 PM »
Out of Gas might be the Firefly episode when Jane gets a birthday present from his mom...maybe one of the things that Mal remembers while trying to fix the ship.  I can't remember for sure.

I can't remember for the Dexter episode..no idea on the Twilight Zone ones.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38:50 PM »
Long Distance Call had nothing to do with a birthday it's about the death anniversary of the first husband of the heroine. Sorry I can't give you too much details, but it's a very good short story from Stephen King.

No idea for the others

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2010, 11:10:07 PM »
Thank you both!  :thumbup:

Jimmy... Long Distance Call is a Stephen King story? Are you sure? The episode aired in 1961 and King was born in 1947... so he was only 14 at the time? Not impossible... but seems unlikely anyway. Maybe you are thinking of another story (possibly by the same name?)... here is what Wikipedia has on this Long Distance Call...

A boy communicates with his father's European-immigrant mother, who had recently died, using a toy telephone that she gave him on his birthday before her passing. The boy, Billy, runs out in front of a car. The driver, who barely manages to swerve out of the way, reports that Billy said someone told him to try to kill himself. Later, his mother grabs the phone out of his hands and "hears" the grandmother on the other end; she is convinced that she is hearing the dead grandmother. His father, of course, thinks Billy is just pretending. Billy attempts to drown himself. One of the paramedics says he doesn't believe Billy's chances are very good. His father goes into Billy's room, picks up the toy phone, and begs his mother to give Billy a chance to experience life. Suddenly, the paramedics are able to revive Billy.

Stars Bill Mumy as the young boy...

Pete

Alien Redrum

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2010, 11:15:15 PM »
The Dexter episode is the one where one of his girlfriend's kids is having a birthday party and her ex is supposed to show up (or is threatening to show up).

Jimmy are you confusing Long Distance Call with Sorry, Right Number by King (which aired on Tales from the Darkside)?

Or there was yet another King written script for TV that concerned a kid and a phone. Maybe it was on Amazing Stories? Or the new Twilight Zone?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 11:18:45 PM »
Thanks for the help Alien!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »
as for...
- Twilight Zone: Season 4 - The Incredible World of Horace Ford

...I was able to find out that something happens to the title character on his 38th birthday... so that one will work too.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2010, 11:31:25 PM »
Jimmy are you confusing Long Distance Call with Sorry, Right Number by King (which aired on Tales from the Darkside)?
Your right, of course Pete give me a good hint just before. Stephen King is a good writer but not that good... :bag:

I've never seen the story in its TV version, just read it in one of King's novel book (his third one I think :hmmmm:)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:35:01 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2010, 11:37:03 PM »
I just did a count... and I have at this time 112 TV show episodes marked as dealing with birthdays in one way or another. And I am still finding more! So I think I will have plenty to watch this week (Even if I only got 1 in today)... as well as in between each movie that I watch this weekend.

But there is many in there that I haven't watched in years... or never at all... so hopefully the info I found on them is correct.  :P
Pete