Author Topic: Video Game Marathon  (Read 8973 times)

RossRoy

Re: Video Game Marathon
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 02:06:01 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:07:43 PM by RossRoy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

RossRoy

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 03:45:44 PM »
(click to show/hide)

A similar situation happens at the end of Dragon Age: Origins.

This is going to spoil Dragon Age: Origins
If you plan on playing that game STOP READING.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 05:41:10 PM »
(click to show/hide)

A similar situation happens at the end of Dragon Age: Origins.

This is going to spoil Dragon Age: Origins
If you plan on playing that game STOP READING.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

RossRoy

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 03:11:11 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Are you doing any online? I think the Free Roam is loads of fun. Played a couple of rounds of PVP yesterday, which was fine but would have been more fun with more people. Playing gang Shootout with 2 people is not the best of ideas :laugh: Lookig forrward to the co-op stuff, which is apparently available in, at least in Region 1, as of now; I won't be able to try before Friday though.

RossRoy

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 03:16:59 AM »
Are you doing any online?

No. I decided to stop paying for Xbox Live Gold ages ago - that effectively removed my access to any online, but since I loathe online play for most games, I don't miss at all.

60$ a year well saved!  :tease:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 03:27:23 AM »
Well, it's free on PSN :P

But, I also wouldn't play online if I had to pay. I am generally more of a single-player type person as well.

Critter

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 03:28:25 AM »
I don't mind playing online, but I'm with Achim, if I had to pay I wouldn't do it.

RossRoy

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 04:16:49 AM »
I wonder if Sony will eventually make online play as part of PSN+ .. that would probably kill them in a sense - because it's hard to convince people to start paying for something that was free .. but then, people on Xbox are happily p(l)aying and it's a gold mine.. wonder if Sony will resist!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 04:39:10 AM »
I wonder if Sony will eventually make online play as part of PSN+ .. that would probably kill them in a sense - because it's hard to convince people to start paying for something that was free .. but then, people on Xbox are happily p(l)aying and it's a gold mine.. wonder if Sony will resist!
Maybe you are aware, but at least not for now. They clearly keep saying, that whatever is free now will remain free.

Seem PSN+ will be more of a way to get games cheap/free (supposedly free games per month or quarter), get exclusive DLC, receive beta/demo codes early. I was barely interested to begin with, and then he said "you own all the stuff for the duration of your memebership".

Official PSN+ page.

Critter

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 04:57:31 AM »
I hardly use the Playstation Store anyway so I don't see how PSN+ could benefit me in any way. Maybe when I get more into online gaming it will, who knows?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 05:20:29 AM »
I use the store mainly for trailers and downloading demos. I have purchased a few games as well though.

I have access to totally four of the stroes though: Taiwan (same as Hong Kong; the worst), Germany, UK and US.

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Well, this game takes place during the Hero Registration Act, and, again, BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I always hated that concept....heroes having to expose their secrets to the government.....but that didn't stop me from enjoying this game.

I never played the first one, and with a new game coming out, I'm caught in the middle, and contrary to the picture I chose, I play the Wii version. That takes a little of the fun out of it because every version of this game except the Wii get alternative costumes for all the heroes.  :(

All the same, this game is engaging, and the fusion attack is great for knocking out the normal bad guys where ever you are there. Apparently after you defeat an enemy that was controlled by nanites (evil micro robots) or recruit them in a bonus level they are on your side. Ok then.....

The best fighter in this game for me was DeadPool because he came equipped with swords, grenades, guns, and the assassin strike stuns enemies as he, well, the name implies what he does, I can't describe it! :P His main finisher is to flip the enemy into the air and skewer him on his swords. lol The worst fighters in my opinion are Thing, Hulk, and Venom because, well, they just aren't that fast and have repetitive moves.I just never enjoyed playing them.

Whichever side you choose determines the fate of the Marvel universe, and if I wasn't just angry at the idea I'd play it again Pro-registration just to see how it turns out, but I most likely won't. Here you can also gain experience points by playing a trivia game at whichever base you're at. Pretty neat.

All in all, I'd say this game is one of the best, I've ever played. You just enjoy every minute of it. I wasn't sure how "Save Game" worked at first, so when I started over to teach my uncle how to play I started over for me too.  :( Needless to say, I've been at this game for a long time, and when I finished, I was like, "Awwww, it's over????" so that should tell you something!! :P A definite 5 out of 5 game!!

Critter

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 09:00:47 AM »

Assassin’s Creed 2

(Playstation 3)

Now I must admit, I played the original Assassin’s Creed game and was less than impressed with it. Visually it looked fantastic, but I found the overall flow of the game to be quite dull after the first hour or so of play, and I ended up not even finishing it. That didn’t deter me from the sequel however, as I had read many great reviews of it and thought I would give it a go anyway, and I am extremely happy that I made that decision.

Assassin’s Creed 2 is an amazing game on every front, I find it hard to even find any faults at all with this game. Not only have they fixed every problem from the first game but they have improved it in many other ways. I can’t even remember the last time I saw something increase so much from an original to a sequel.

AC2 offers fine tuned gameplay which is very easy to get a hang of. Whether it is jumping through the rooftops in Venice, running through the streets, riding horses or fighting, it’s all very easy to get a hang of and really just comes naturally. I had no problems at all with the camera system, which can be a major problem in some games but it seemed to work just right here.

I believe the story of this game did lead somewhat from the last one, which I did not complete, but I didn’t feel like I was missing out because of that. The story for the most part was easy enough to follow, I did lose track of it a couple of times but that never really bothered me as it didn’t actually affect the gameplay, or my understanding of what I was supposed to be doing.

Although I finished the main story of the game, and experienced one of the best credit sequences I have ever seen, I still feel like I have a lot more to explore and many other things to complete. Which means the playing time for this game seems to just keep extending which is always a good thing. I can’t wait to continue playing this game and unlocking all of its secrets.

5/5