Author Topic: A Surprise (Late) Birthday Package  (Read 1326 times)

Rogmeister

A Surprise (Late) Birthday Package
« on: May 15, 2010, 02:33:45 AM »
I got a package in the mail today.  The mailman was dropping it off as I was returning home following dialysis.  I also had to go to Pittsburgh this morning for a post-op visit following eye surgery so this package was a pleasant way to end the day.  This package came from a guy who frequents a video game board I am also a regular at.  Because of that, most of the contents of the package were video games.  Unfortunatley, most of those were games I can't play because I don't own the system the games go to.  There was one for the original Nintendo, one for the Arcadia 2001 and quite a few for the Odyssey 2.  I never owned an Arcadia 2001 or an Odyssey 2 in my life!  So I'm not sure what I'll do with those.  Maybe I'll keep them and trade them later or give them in a video game Secret Santa exchange I usually take part in.  I did get 3 games I can play as they are for systems I own.  There's a Space Invaders game for the Nintendo DS and a pair of games for the original Playstation: Hooters Road Trip and A Bug's Life which was based on that animated movie.  He also threw in a coaster with an image of a cat that looks like it could have been formed on the old Atari 2600.

Finally, he did throw in a couple DVDs as well.  One was the classic film Doctor Zhivago.  I'm certainly aware of this classic film but probably never actually saw it.  Finally, the other DVD title consisted of the two Ghostbusters movies.  I have an edition of the first Ghostbusters but have never seen Ghostbusters II until now.  I'm not sure if the Ghostbusters in this set has as many extras as the one I already had.  But now I do have both films.  :tv:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: A Surprise (Late) Birthday Package
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 02:37:13 AM »
That's a nice bunch of stuff. :)

I tried to play A Bug's Life on Playstation before...I got stuck after..hmmm....well not that far in.  I think in level 3 maybe.  Flick has to somehow float across this big ravine - or what looks big from a bug's point of view.  I never could do that and I got so frustrated that I quit.  Before that, I had fun with the game.  I have a tendency to get stuck in games often. 

Doctor Zhivago is a really good movie. 

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 02:52:47 AM »
Just got Zhivago on Blu-Ray actually! ;D Roger, have you ever seen Lawrence of Arabia? Same director, same style, if you like one, you'll probably like both.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 04:12:34 AM »
Have you watched Zhivago on Blu-ray yet?  That's another one my mom really likes and I was thinking about getting it for her..though she does already have it on DVD. 

snowcat

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 09:45:34 AM »
Thats cool Roger!

I only ever played a demo of A Bugs Life but I enjoyed it :)

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
Have you watched Zhivago on Blu-ray yet?  That's another one my mom really likes and I was thinking about getting it for her..though she does already have it on DVD. 

Not yet. Meant to at least give it a spin to see what the transfer is like, though I've heard very good things.

Rogmeister

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 03:46:25 PM »
I think I have seen Lawrence of Arabia but it was a loooooong time ago so I remember little of it.  I'm sure I will enjoy Doctor Zhivago when I have the time to get to it (and once my eye has healed more).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 03:55:59 PM »
Very nice Roger! :)
Pete